I will teach physics and help GSCE and A-levels students in Leeds (City centre, Hyde Park or Headingley areas) with their assignments and questions.
I like to understand the specific needs for each student, helping them see the concepts behind the problem. This helps them approach problems in different ways and be able to solve them.
I can go to the student house and would be available to give tips and answer questions outside the lessons' hours.
I am a physics and astrophysics student with a passion for sharing and helping younger students achieve their goals.
I am currently on my third year and have obtained a first class average on my course so far.
I have experience tutoring 14-16 year old students and I volunteered to teach at the university.
I am available most weekdays evenings from 5pm or 7pm and weekend mornings. I will always try to adapt to the student's timetable. Classes will be one hour or two hours depending on level and what you actually prefer :)
Please feel free to ask any questions you may have.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
BSc Physics with Astrophysics, University of Leeds (2018 – Present)
• Gained hands-on experience in problem-solving along with a predicted 1st Class degree.
• Obtained and expanded data collection and analysis abilities as well as writing skills: Multivariable Calculus (83%); Computing (90 %); Physics Laboratory (80%).
Science Baccalaureate, IES Padre Luis Coloma, Spain ( 2016 - 2018)
• Average grade: 9.86 out of 10. Mathematics (A*), Physics (A*), English (A*).
• Distinction Certificate for academic excellence.
• Two times Class Representative for my outgoing personality and ability to engage with others.
Host, El Gato Negro Tapas, Leeds (February 2020 - Present)
• Developed great adaptation and communication skills as I dealt with booking schedules, greeting customers and directing them to their tables.
• Strengthened my ability to work under pressure at busy times and to respond to changing priorities.
GCSE level English Tutor, Spain (2017-2018)
• Able to understand and empathise with different personalities as I assessed and adapted to the needs of students.
• Thanks to my innovative approach to organising activities, students discovered new ways of studying and enjoyed the lessons.
Jiu Jitsu Treasurer, Leeds University Union (April 2020 – April 2021)
• Keeping track of the club’s money, approving any payments or reimbursements and making sure to get financial support from the Leeds University Union.
• Expanding my decision-making aptitudes as well as my leadership skills as part of the committee.
Language Group Leader, University of Leeds (November 2019 – March 2020)
• Responsible for delivering upper-intermediate level Spanish lessons once a week, greatly improving my verbal communication and analysis skills.
• Organising interactive and effective activities, successfully engaging with a wide range of students.
• Consolidated the ability to work independently and use organisational skills to plan my own work.
Institute of Physics Representative, Otley Science Festival (November 2019)
• Addressing clear and creative explanations for different physics experiments.
• Collaborating with course mates and professors to captivate the public, enriching my team working competences at different levels.
• Built original and resourceful ideas in brainstorming sessions for the layout of the experiments.
Work Away Volunteer, Fraize, France (August 2019)
• Joined a local eco-project, helping proactively and persistently on daily activities.
• Further developed my time-management skills, allotting volunteers’ working hours.
• Gained different insights into activism.
Languages: Native Spanish, Advanced English and Conversational French. - I am continuously developing my communication skills and learning languages, which helps me progress with my attention to detail and creativity.
Music and art: Took piano lessons for three years and enjoy drawing and uploading the process to social media, boosting my expressiveness and cognitive skills.
Sports: Concerned about the importance of fitness and its positive impact on daily life, I have always enjoyed playing different sports : Jiu Jitsu society at university and Basketball team player at High School.
Independent Age supporter: Monthly supporting a UK national charity for the care of elder people in unfair conditions.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking trigonometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£9||Not available|