I like to base my teaching on the style the learner finds best. We initially agree on the way the learner wants to progress in the subject - which topics to cover first, what kind of resources to use (so for a visual leaner I would use a number of diagrams and images to explain any processes/concepts) and the length of time they would like to spend on each area. We then tackle it by thoroughly going over the content, resolving any misunderstandings and then attempting challenging questions. This is followed by detailed constructive feedback and answering any questions that the learner might still have. I find this method to be the most efficient in reinforcing what has been learnt but naturally for every individual the way they learn differs and so I adapt my way of teaching to match to the learner's style.
I am a medical student at the University of Leeds. I have been teaching GCSE Chemistry, Biology and Physics for two years. I also have past experience of teaching A-level Chemistry and Biology to my peers and younger pupils at my Sixth Form.
A fourth-year medical student, I am a very inquisitive individual who is eager to learn new things and I am always seeking ways to develop my personal skills. I love working with people and hope to use my skills in serving my community.
University of Leeds (2017 - present)
Medicine and Surgery MBChB
● Year 1 Modules: Innovation, Development, Enterprise, Leadership and Safety (IDEALS) 1; Individuals and Populations; Research, Evaluation and Special Studies (RESS) 1; Campus to Clinic 1; Introduction to Medical Sciences and Body Systems.
● Year 2 Modules: Innovation, Development, Enterprise, Leadership and Safety (IDEALS) 2; Control and Movement; Individuals and Populations 2; Research, Evaluation and Special Studies (RESS) 2; Campus to Clinic 2; Essential Medical Science and Clinical Pathology.
Tauheedul Islam Girls' High School and Sixth Form (TIGHS) (2015 – 2017)
● Biology (A*), Chemistry (A*), Mathematics (A*).
● Psychology (A)
Pleckgate High School (2014 - 2015)
● Biology (A*), Business Studies (A), Chemistry (A*), English Language (B), History (A*), Mathematics (A*), Physics (A*), Religious Studies (A*)
Private GCSE Maths and Science Tutor (2017-2019)
Science tutor at Excel 2 Learn Tuition & Study Support Centre (2018)
Ambassador roles – Appointed as the Chemistry and Biology Ambassadors at Sixth Form. I was responsible for running afterschool interventions to go over the difficult topics and helping students in tackling challenging questions. The role also included supporting students who were struggling in class, giving presentations and assisting teachers on Open Days.
Head Prefect – selected as the head prefect at Sixth Form. My responsibilities included providing support to students and teachers, leading events, arranging meetings and as part of the Leaders Team I was involved in raising awareness and organising events in the community regarding the arising issues.
Volunteer at the Sindh Institute of Urology and Transplant (SIUT) Hospital in Pakistan – worked as volunteer at the hospital over summer holidays in 2015 where I had the opportunity to engage young children in various activities to support their learning whilst they were hospitalized.
Royal Blackburn Hospital – carried out my work experience at the hospital in 2016 where I had the chance to observe and work alongside different healthcare professionals. Attended a number of medical teaching sessions and delivered presentations.
Roe Lee Surgery – volunteered at my local GP working as a receptionist and collaborating with other administrators to complete tasks.
● Observation of Immediate Life Support Course by the Resuscitation Council (UK)
● Nuffield Research Placement in 2016
● CREST Gold Award for the project - Identification of novel gene mutations causing Aicardi-Goutières Syndrome
● Massive Open Online Course (MOOCs) – Cancer Immunotherapy
● The Bronze Duke of Edinburgh’s Award
● IELTS Academic exam – overall band score 8.0
● Enhancement course at Sixth Form on Pre-medical.
Activities & Interests
● Basketball Team – I was part of my school’s basketball team and coached younger pupils.
● Member of societies – Cutting Edge Leeds and Leeds Academic Development, Education and Research Society.
● Effective communication skills developed through my role as receptionist at my local GP as well as through my ambassador roles at Sixth Form.
● Confidence in speaking to large audiences through participation in college Debating Club and through my role as the Head Prefect.
● Well-developed leadership and teamworking skills as shown through my varied extra-curriculars such as the Nuffield Project.
References are available on request.
physics lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest chemistry lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, other sciences lessons for all!
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£20|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||£100|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||£200|