As a student, you will not only get help at a contextual and conceptual level, but also at a 'mind and body' level.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
I teach Chemistry to A level, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Double Science to GCSE. I also tutor Science and Maths at KS1, KS2 and KS3.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
I have a BSc honours degree in Chemistry from London University and a PGCE.
- How much do you charge?
I charge £30 for A level, £25 for GCSE and KS3, £22 for KS1&KS2. £1 to £5 for travelling depending on the distance.
- Where do you teach?
I travel as well as tutor at home. I can travel to Greenford, Southall, Harrow Weald, Wealdstone, Stanmore, Hatch End, Pinner, North Harrow, Kenton, Belmont, Canons Park, Queensbury, Kingsbury, Edgware, Sudbury, Wembley, South Harrow, Harrow-on-the-Hill, Headstone, Watford, Eastcote and Northolt.
- When are you available?
I teach full time during the day. So, I am only available evenings and weekends. During school holidays, I can tutor in the mornings and afternoons.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
All levels from 5 to 18 age range.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
Contact me for this.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
As a student, you will not only get help at contextual and conceptual level, but also at 'mind and body' level. You will get personal coaching in 'how to think' about scientific concept and how to understand concepts via contextual processes. I believe this is necessary in building up students' confidence in science subjects.
- What kind of experience do you have?
I have research experience in synthesising new organic molecules. I have taught in a College of Further Education, and at boys as well as mixed comprehensive schools in the last 27 years. I also have 10 years of experience being an examiner with a major examination board.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Where and with whom did you train?
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
I belong to the Teaching Council.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
My students achieve higher grades.
biology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|