As a Tutor, I am extremely patient and understanding - subjects don't come easily to everyone, we're all different. Every lesson I give is tailored and built around the needs of the student. I appreciate that everybody learns differently, that's why before we begin learning I have a chat with the student to see what works, and what doesn't - and constantly review this to keep us on track.
I am a current student of Astrophysics, and a recent Graduate of Mathematics at the University of Plymouth. I've been tutoring and teaching professionally for just over three years now. My main areas of teaching are Mathematics and Physics, however I have taught Engineering, Statistics, and English. I have experience working with students of all ages and abilities, and work at their pace whilst comfortably stretching their ability a little at a time.
I am a Mathematics Graduate looking to expand my work within education and tutoring.
• Tutoring Mathematics, Physics and Engineering from KS2 upwards
• Working with and Tutoring Adult learners with Mathematics and English
• Helping students work towards their GCSE, and Functional Skills examinations
• enabling students to overcome barriers to education for those with additional needs
• Being GDPR compliant 100% of the time and acting in the strictest of confidence
• Dealing with and identifying any safeguarding issues with the utmost and professionalism
• Marking work, or mock examinations and giving constructive feedback
• Working with Japanese students to study and practice English
• Using props and other methods to breakdown any communication barriers
• Always ensure that I am being 100% culturally sensative at all times
• Helping students working towards IELTS qualifications
• Undertaking mock speaking examinations with students, marking and giving constructive feedback
British Red Cross
• Deliver the Foundation Training Programme to all new volunteers
• uphold the principles of the Red Cross at all times
Education and Qualifications
BSc (Hons) Mathematics with Finance — Plymouth University September 2015 to September
Throughout my degree I gained an extremely deep understanding of Mathematical principles and also their
applications within Physics, Engineering and Finance to name but a few.
GCE — Hele’s School, Plymouth, September 2011 to May 2014
• Chemistry (C)
• Mathematics (D)
• Physics (D)
GCSE — Hele’s School, Plymouth, September 2009 to May 2011
• 7 GCSEs A*-C including English, Mathematics, Science and German.
Extra Curricular Activities
• Hele’s School Combined Cadet Force – I left the cadets with the rank of Cadet Colour Sargent and over the six
years in which I was a cadet I would lead sections of up to 100 cadets at a time. I was tasked with delivering
lessons, in weapon handling, field craft, first aid, and other military skills. I also held a duty of care over all cadets
and offered pastoral and practical support when cadets were away on camps and weekend exercises
• I am also a member of the Plymouth University Mathematical Society, and the Disabled Students forum
• Strong written and verbal communication - this is demonstrated by my role as a Business Advisor where I have to
communicate with many different customers and staff daily.
• Conflict resolution - as demonstrated by dealing with upset customers and coaching staff on dealing with conflict.
• Planning - this is demonstrated by both my role as Team Leader and also my degree. During the refit of the new
3-in-1 megastore, I had to plan how to utilise my team to ensure we met the deadline. In my degree for example,
having to submit assignments by multiple deadlines.
• Management skills - this is proven by my role as Team Leader as I have to motivate my diverse team on a daily
basis to meet and exceed targets.
• Computer Skills - I have a high level of competency as shown by my modules in Numerical and Computational
• Flexibility and Adaptability - two skills acquired during my studies and demonstrated my role as Team Leader,
such as when critical events are delayed, I quickly adapt the plan to ensure we adhere to deadlines.
• Teamwork – This is shown by my ability to work well in the management team to exceed and achieve results
• Highly proficient in word-processing and database software such as Excel and Word. This is due to it using on a
daily basis for sales target monitoring, writing reports and preparing presentations.
• Staff Training and Development - This is shown by my roles as Team Leader at Currys, and my work within the
Army Cadet Force, and the Red Cross. I have also worked as a self employed tutor of Mathematics, Physics and
• Leadership - without this skill, I would have been unable to undertake my work at Currys and within the Red
Cross and Cadet Force, as these roles require me to lead from the front and always lead by example.
• Emotional Intelligence and ’soft’ skills - These have been developed throughout both my working and academic
life, but more so throughout my time with the Red Cross and Cadet Force, whereby you are required to work with
people from vulnerable groups - such as those with illness or who are currently going through a crisis. The Red
Cross has an extremely heavy focus on Psychosocial intervention. As a member of MIND, I am a strong advocate
for mental health support in the workplace - and have acted in this capacity before, helping both staff and students
with issues facing them both in and outside the workplace.
Other Employment History
– Account Management — BT Local Business, June 2019 to Present
– Instore Development Executive — Bluesquare, December to 2018 June 2019
– Sales Executive — Virgin Media, June 2018 December 2018,
– Business Solutions Advisor — Currys PC World, December 2017 to June 2018
– Sales Team Leader — Currys PC World, September 2015 to December 2017
– Sales Assistant — Currys PC World, October 2014 to September 2015
Membership of Professional Bodies
– Royal Statistical Society
– Institute of Mathematics and its Applications
– The Institute of Physics
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking further maths lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||£20|