Understanding is crucial to success, especially in academia. I try to ensure that the basic and key concepts are understood instead of teaching a process. Through this, a student is able to adapt the knowledge and handle any problem they may encounter. This is especially true in the subjects of Maths and Physics, where the basic concepts never change and they are the building blocks for more complex problems. Combining this with guidance in exam technique helps ensure the student achieves the best marks.
An experienced high standard tutor, I am a Biomechanical Engineering PhD candidate at Imperial College. I hold a 1st class MEng degree in Mechanical Engineering and was awarded the Bob Hall prize for Innovation and the Higher Achieving Student award by Nottingham University. My final year project was accepted for presentation at the International Society of Biomechanics 2015 conference.
In my spare time, I am Editor in Chief for an online student science publication.
I offer emergency exam preparation and long term support in Maths and the Sciences in the Wimbledon and South Kensington areas.
06/2016 – Present
09/2009 – 07/2014
PhD Student, Imperial College
• Researching Biomechanical Engineering
• Teaching undergraduate students in various engineering subjects
MEng (Hons) - Mechanical Engineering, University of Nottingham
Degree Class: 1st
• Key Modules: Control and Instrumentation, Integrated Systems Analysis, Advanced Technology Review, and Lean Manufacture.
• Group Design and Make Project: Designed and built a prototype orthotic glove to assist and rehabilitate people with weakened grip.
• Final Year Project: Focused on the implementation of Electromyography, the electrical detection of muscle activity, into an orthotic device to improve ease of activation and response accuracy.
04/2015 – 10/2015
09/2014 – 03/2015
10/2013 – 09/2014
Research Assistant, Millward Brown
• Assisted in conducting market research and analysing data in collaboration with international offices.
• Instigated and managed an organisational change budgeting resource to improve productivity within the team.
Data Analyst, First Utility
• Adapted quickly to and mastered in-house software and analysed data using Excel to resolve customer account issues.
• Presented results to department heads, which were then used to improve customer registration processes.
• Prepared training guides, trained incoming staff, and supervised a team.
Student Researcher, University of Nottingham
• Organised and led a research visit to Kathmandu University as part of the University’s Score Stove project. I sourced finance, coordinated training, and acted as an ambassador for the University of Nottingham.
• Conducted field and laboratory testing in collaboration with professors and doctorate students. Presented the findings to interested parties, including industrial representatives and potential users of the technology.
07/2007 – Present
• Began and ran a homework club for Primary and KS3 children at local youth centre.
• Taught A-Level and GCSE Maths, Physics, and Chemistry across multiple exam boards and have consistently helped my students move up grade boundaries. I notably guided a student to lift her grade from a C to an A* in her GCSE Further Maths exam.
• As a tutor for Holland Park, I tutored a student in practical Bioengineering and helped him achieve 80% in his exam after two weeks of study.
• Editor at Reaction Science, an online science publication (08/2015 – Present)
Honours and Awards
• University of Nottingham’s Bob Hall prize for Innovation (2014) – Orthotic glove for hand rehabilitation.
• Higher Achieving Students Award (2014)
• Finalist in the University of Nottingham’s Ingenuity Prize Competition (2015) – Presentation of business proposal for the orthotic glove.
• CMI Level 3 Diploma in First Line Management (2012).
• Distinction in the LAMDA Public Speaking Exam Bronze Award (2007)
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, chemistry lessons for all!
Taking further maths lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£40||£40|