I am currently pursuing a degree in Cell Biology at the University of Manchester and I teach students from primary school level all the way up to A-levels.
I teach in a very interactive manner, where I allow you to take a step back and look at the material in a different way. I will prepare analogies and alternate explanations to make sure that you will go away from the lessons having learned something.
A normal lesson would start with a few minutes of fun mind games to get you to warm up; ready for the lesson. Then, we cover areas that you are currently struggling with. We tackle this by explanation and subsequent questions. the more they improve, the harder the questions become.
My lessons would feel like a group discussion with friends, but at the same time you will be learning and improving skills everyday.
I am very passionate about the study of life and I promise you that I can instill that passion within you as well!
I completed my high-school at a private school in Dubai, where I graduated at the top of my class with consistently excellent grades in biology. I always have been tutoring peers and helped them understand complicated biological topics through observing them in a different light.
Anyways, I cannot wait to meet you and help you learn more about the fascinating world surrounding us :)
2020–2023 (anticipated) The University of Manchester
BSc Cell Biology
First semester result: 78% GPA
2017 – 2020 Australian International School Sharjah, UAE
• International Baccalaureate: Mathematics SL (6 out of 7), French ab Initio SL (7/7), Chemistry SL (6/7), Biology HL (7/7), Economics HL (6/7), and English Language & Literature HL (7/7). Overall score: 41 out of 45.
I lived in the United Arab Emirates for the past five years. While this has provided me with an excellent interpersonal understanding due to the great variety of cultures present in the UAE, student jobs and professional internships for non-university graduates are unfortunately very limited. So, I’m going to list other relevant experiences I have had.
June 2019 – September 2019 Sheikh Khalifa General Hospital UAQ Laboratory assistant
- Despite the difficulty of obtaining an internship in professional environments, especially the healthcare system, I was fortunate enough to procure an internship at my father’s workplace; he is a maxillofacial surgeon. I was aiding the analysis of samples such as blood, urine, bacterial cultures. Assisting in a professional atmosphere allowed me to familiarize myself with laboratory equipment, adapt to the proficient demeanour of the workplace, and work efficiently in a laboratory setting.
May 2020 – September 2020 Duke University, USA Online student
- Completed Duke University’s 12-week Coursera course on Neuroscience during the lockdown as a result of my desire to further my knowledge in all domains of the life sciences. I chose to see the lockdown as an opportunity to engage in my passion for the biological sciences. This experience permitted me to critically engage with advanced knowledge of the human body.
December 2018 – September 2019 Australian International School Sharjah Student
- Under my school’s supervision, I wrote a paper about the survival rate of different hepatocellular carcinoma treatments and a paper on lung volume in different altitudes, so I have extensive knowledge in scientific writing. Both papers were marked with an A and a 7/7 by my teacher, respectively. Papers are available on request.
AWARDS AND LANGUAGES
- Received DUX award (valedictorian, highest grades of my graduating class) in July of 2020.
- Awarded the male sportsman of the year award in my final two years in July of 2019 and 2020.
- Fluent in English and German, conversational in French, basic Arabic.
INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES
I have a wide array of different interests and hobbies. I love basketball, which I have played since I was seven years old. I am part of the UoM basketball team, however, due to COVID, we have not been able to compete yet. Furthermore, I have an appreciation for classical and modern literature and cinema.
Above that, ever since my IB biology class, I have been deeply passionate about biology and hope to pursue it in the future.
Nabil Al-Dam, Manchester, dated 25th April 2021
Met him through a friend at a time when I was really struggling with bio. Nabil was able to provide a really comfortable and comprehensive studying style which I resonated with. Really friendly and patient.
For someone who was never interested or even studied biology, I think Nabil really hit the mark on how to teach something that I disliked pretty well. His tone of voice really invites you to the subject, and whether it is molecular biology, genetics, microbiology, or even ecology, he always finds a way to make it interesting and makes me yearn for more knowledge about Biology.
I’ve had many tutors throughout the past year or so; I haven’t had one as enthusiastic and passionate as nabil is for biology. I have learnt so much from his lessons and I wouldn’t be where I am today without the help he has provided.
Nabil helped me improve my grade from a 5 to a 6 in my IB biology class, which is about the same as a B to an A- in A-level terms.
It didnt feel like i was doing extra work since Nabil approached the session in a very relaxed way, reinforcing key concepts that I didnt fully understand.
biology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cellular biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, genetics lessons for all!
Taking physiology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£5||£5|