My teaching method is flexible and dependent on the needs of the student. If the student is preparing for an exam the approach will be more general to try and cover all topics needed. Instead if a student needs explanations to further understanding on a specific topic then the class will have a more focused and narrow approach.
I am a Bachelors of Science (BSc) graduate from the University of Bristol. I graduated this summer 2018 with a 1st class degree in Immunotherapy and Cancer Biology with year in Industry within the school of Cellular and Molecular Medicine. I have tutored GCSE level biology and chemistry as well as supporting first year students in my degree.
Fluent: English, Italian & Mandarin, Intermediate: Spanish
E: (concealed information) – L: (concealed information) – M: +44 (0) (concealed information)
University of Bristol 2014-2018
• Cellular and Molecular Medicine, with Year in Industry (BSc Hons): Predicted 1st, with top mark year in Industry Report (78%)
Beijing Language and Cultural University 2013-2014
• Mandarin language graduate- China’s HSK state-level standardized examination: Level 5 (5/6) and Speaking Certificate
St. Stephen's High School Rome 2013-2010
• International Baccalaureate Diploma: 37/45 (82%) overall mark plus extra Latin Certificate
• High Level: Italian(7/7), Biology(6/7), Chemistry(5/7), Standard Level: English(6/7), Economics(6/7), and Maths(6/7)
Change & Business Solutions Intern at the Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) June-August 2018
• Worked within the Cash Management and Regulations Team
• Conducted research on trends in coin usage within the UK economy for coin forecasting
• Improved two operational processes within cash management by implementing agile methodologies
Industrial Placement at GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) Sept 2016- Aug 2017
• Autonomously managed my own research project with a £30,000 budget
• Worked flexibly within a team, prioritising portfolio objectives; demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work across 4 projects
• Performed in-depth analysis and applied a hypothesis-driven approach to investigate new research avenues
• Presented project insight to directors; applauded for delivering innovative recommendations for a new area of investigation
• Developed strong capabilities in project planning successfully identifying and factoring in key areas of experimental risk
Position within GSK’s IP Unite (GSK Student Organization) Corporate Events Team:
• Organised and led a team of 15+ colleagues to showcase the research at the largest GSK global site, coordinated 3 project teams
• Developed project framework and a rich communication plan; addressed risks to stakeholders and implemented timely actions
Enactus Innovation Team – Developed innovative sustainable business models for social enterprises both locally and globally 2017-2018
Senior Resident (University of Bristol) – Supported educational, social and cultural life of students in halls, mentor to 40 students 2017-2018
Volunteer Teacher (Migrant Children’s Foundation) – Delivered English classes to pupils and constructed teaching plans 2012-2013
Volunteer Lab Assistant (Royal Society of Chemistry outreach programme) – Supported children performing lab experiments 2012-2013
Giulia is a hardworking, conscientious, accomplished and friendly person and tutor. I can't recommend her enough!
Giulia is a great tutor!
Very friendly but professional and passionate about her subject. She helped me during my Biology A-levels since I was struggeling to understand the different models and processes and I ended up with a straight A. She is really patient and good at explaining. Each lesson was tailored to me and covered the areas I was struggling with.
biology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cellular biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, genetics lessons for all!
Taking molecular biology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£10|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||£50|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||£100|