I am an enthusiastic teacher. I often use powerpoint to present all lessons to make them more animated and help students understand better.
I am Cancer Research Master student at the University of Manchester. My background is molecular biology and human genetics. I used to teach biology lessons for 20 high school students. Before they came to my class, they were so bad about inherited lessons because they did not understand how to use specific formulars of many inhirited case. After becoming my students, they were better in those lesson and got a high mark ( range from 8-10/10).
The University of Manchester, UK
Master Research student
Project: Developing a synthetic lethality approach to target ectopic Notch
activity as a potential anti-cancer strategy
• Using bioinformatic to screen whole genome RNAi related to Notch
• Investigate mechanism of target genes’ activity in cancer initiation and
• Perform gene transfection to produce Notch overexpression
• Knockdown target genes by RNAi
• Exploring cell viability by using the luciferase reporter assay
2017 – 2018
• Exploring cell death by using cell staining, fixation and confocal fluorescence microscope.
Nanogen Biopharmaceutical Company, Vietnam Research group leader
Project: Studying media and assay development to find the best cell lines for producing recombinant protein Darbepoetin and Factor IX for anaemia treatment and blood coagulation stimulation
• Performed gene transfection and cloning assay
• Adapted different media to find the best medium for Darbepoetin and Factor IX recombinant cell clone growth
• Performed small- and large-scale Chinese Hamster Ovary cell culture
• Conducted bioassay like ELISA, SDS-PAGE, Western blot, IEF electrophoresis, realtime-PCR to validate the quality of protein.
• Performed in vivo experiments on the murine model to test the potency of recombinant drugs.
• Wrote dossier for drug registration, preparing documents for grants following SOP guidelines, GMP- criteria.
• Trained new people following risk assessment and participated in lab maintenance
The University of Science- National University HCMC, Vietnam Researcher
Project: Studied the association between potential SNPs and Breast cancer to find biomarkers for cancer early diagnostic.
• Investigated how genes change and regulate in promoting breast cancer and found specific SNPs on the miRNAs and genes by using data from NCBI
• Designed qRT-PCR and High-Resolution Melting Analysis (HRMA) for genotyping
• Measured frequency of SNP on Vietnamese breast cancer population Saigon ISC Company, Vietnam
Biomedical Applied Technician
• Performed prenatal and neonatal screening tests on Perkin Elmer Machines
• Performed Fluorescence in-Situ hybridization (FISH) test for
detecting abnormal chromosome
• Trained staffs in hospitals to do these tests
• Solved mistakes during staffs’ performance and helped them analyse results
• Organized conferences to introduce efficient methods and machines for prenatal and neonatal screening tests
The International University- National University HCMC, Vietnam Teaching Assistant
• Optimized different methods for nucleic acid isolation and purification
• Developed molecular methods to detect abnormal DNA related human genetic diseases
• Assisted in designing syllabuses for 2 modules: Molecular cell biology and Molecular Diagnostics; designing molecular diagnostic practical lectures
• Assisted in supervising final year students
biology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cellular biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, genetics lessons for all!
Taking molecular biology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£16||£11|
|5 hours||Not available||£75||£55|
|10 hours||Not available||£140||£110|