Maths and the Sciences are widely misunderstood subjects, which are best learned in a holistic way. Often, due to a lack of time, schools are forced to gloss over and simplify concepts, which are often far easier to understand and remember when placed in context. For example, it is generally easier for a student to remember an equation if they understand why it works, and how it is derived, rather than trying to recall an abstract combination of numbers and letters.
I am a Cambridge University and Trinity Laban Conservatoire graduate educated to a master's degree level. During my time studying Natural Sciences at Cambridge, I studied Maths, Physics and Chemistry, specialising in Chemistry in my final year, and graduated with a 2:1. Since 2014, I have worked extensively as a private tutor, and in recent years, I have also taught one-to-one lessons at Ealing Junior Music School. I have experience working with, teaching, and assisting primary school children, secondary school students, and adults.
2018 – 2020 Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance MMus: Distinction
2015 – 2018 University of Cambridge BA (Hons) in Natural Sciences: 2:1
First Year subjects studied: Chemistry, Materials Science, Physics, Mathematics
Second Year subjects studied: Chemistry, Mathematics
Third Year specialisation: Chemistry
2007 – 2014 Latymer Upper School
A-Levels: Chemistry (A*, 600/600), Physics (A*, 584/600), Mathematics (A*, 596/600), Further Mathematics (A*, 555/600)
Advanced FSMQ in Additional Mathematics: A (99%)
GCSEs: 9 A*s, 1 A
PRIVATE TUTORING EXPERIENCE
• Mathematics at GCSE and AS levels, and to younger secondary school and primary school pupils
• Biology, Chemistry and Physics at GCSE level
• Experience teaching in person and online
ADDITIONAL RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
2019 – Instrument and Theory Assistant Teacher at Ealing Junior Music School
• Teaching music theory to students in preparation for examinations
• Deputising for instrumental teachers in one-to-one lessons and chamber ensemble rehearsals
• Assisting at biannual ‘Come and Play’ events, helping prospective students learn to play instruments in a one-to-one setting
• Supporting ensemble directors during rehearsals
2014 – 2015 Assistant to the Music Department at Latymer Upper School
• Teaching music at the Prep School
• Directing and managing the Prep Wind Band
• Assisting ensemble directors during rehearsals and with organising and managing ensembles in the Upper School
• Providing assistance and support to the Director of Music, other academic staff, and the team of over 30 peripatetic teachers
2012 – 2014 Academic Mentor at Latymer Upper School
• Scheme in which Sixth Form students assist younger pupils at the School with their academic studies in one-to-one sessions
• Subjects taught: Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Latin
Christina is a brilliant teacher and a hugely reliable individual. I have known her for over five years and worked with her for about three years. Not only is she very organised, but she is also kind and patient - hugely important traits for a teacher.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, chemistry lessons for all!
Taking other sciences lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£45||£45|