Following the specific training guidelines for each discipline being versatile in my approach to the needs of the learner. My methods are holistic using all the tools necessary for the learner to reach their goals.
Group Exercise Leader
Gymnastics Club Coach Women's Artistic (4 Piece)
Experience of 27 in the health and fitness and sports coaching industry. Teaching all ages, founderof and manager of an award winning gymnastics club.
Coaching fitness for football teams, golfers, gymnasts, boxers and rugby players.
• Assessors Award Level 3
• Education and Training Level 3
• Excel Level 2 & 3
• Maximizing sales of gym membership, utilizing 1:1 selling skills with the recognition of successful sales and customer service. Sales and outreach including leaflet drops and cold calls as well as follow up calls.
• MSc Clinical Exercise Physiology (LJMU). Modules geared towards acquiring the knowledge and technical skills to work effectively as an exercise physiologist with a specialty in cardiac sciences.
• Working as a team with PhD students testing subjects using echocardiography.
• Sports Science BSc (Hons) Modules on Lab Based Fitness Testing using software, submitting lab reports, performing research geared towards progress in sport at an international level.
• Personal Trainer level 3 CYQ
• Assessing and Teaching Level 2 & 3 for gym instruction and personal training.
• Teaching Anatomy and Physiology Level 2 & 3 for Personal Training Company
• 29 years’ experience as health/fitness instructor, including supervision of gym instruction for participants of GP Referral programs. Leading and organizing weight management classes to clientele referred by the NHS.
• ACSM Exercise Physiologist qualified November 2002, revalidated 2006, 2018.
• R.S.A. Exercise to music instructor, qualified June 1999.
• Gymnastics instructor, club coach qualified 1993.
• Skilled in all areas of fitness including weight training instruction, circuit training, and teaching groups and one to one. Teaching physical activity level 3.
• Experience in Cardiac Rehabilitation qualified with The Wright Foundation Cardiac Rehabilitation Phase IV
• Completed technical training module ECG/ETT RBP/exercising BP
• GP Referral officer Wright Foundation.
Present Currently working as a casual worker at Sporting Edge.
2018 Education & Teaching Level 3.
2018 Assessor Award level 3.
2012-2014 Liverpool John Moores University, MSc Clinical Exercise Physiology.
2003-2006 Edge Hill University, Ormskirk.
BSc Sports Science, completing modules 16 modules including Health and Fitness for special populations, physiology, sports psychology, coaching and biomechanics.
2013-Present Field Based
Free-lance Health/Fitness Assessor/Tutor
• Teaching Anatomy and Physiology for personal trainers.
• Companies including Elev8 and YMCA.
• Guiding and supporting students during the process of certification.
• Organizing a scheme of work by setting the timetable for assessments, exams and one to one meetings for support and action planning.
2009 – Present Crosby Lakeside Adventure Centre
• Performing inductions introducing absolute beginners into the gym environment.
• Designing and administering all kinds of fitness programs including sport specific, Gp Referrals that is persons recovering or living with various high-risk conditions such as CVD, Diabetes type 1 & 2, neurological disease and those living with or recovering from cancer.
• Giving nutritional advice and writing out healthy eating plans.
• Instructing chair-based exercise class for the older adult.
2006 - 2009 Edge Hill University Fitness Suites.
• Devising tailor made fitness programmes for clients from all backgrounds.
• Delivering personal training sessions to one off and
• Regular clients in home and gym settings.
• Maintenance of gym environment and equipment in line with health and safety requirements.
2001- 2006 Littlewoods Financial services, Aintree, Liverpool.
• Regularly achieving high standards during monthly reviews
• Performance of 98-100%.
• Providing excellent customer service
• Devising Payment packages customers.
• Demonstrating ability to develop rapport with all types of customers.
• Advising customers on financial management.
2001-2005 Netherton Activity Centre
Gymnastic Coach/Class Instructor/Fitness Professional
• Organized and taught classes to 50 plus
• Developed and ran weight programmes for referred and self-referred clients from special populations,
post cardiac rehabilitation
Chronic pulmonary obstructive disease, arthritis, Diabetes type 1 & type 2
• Supporting and providing exercise adherence strategies for those overcoming barriers to due obesity and mental health illnesses.
May – August Aintree Hospitals NHS Trust
2001 Job Title
Fitness Development Officer
• Managed staff fitness centre
• Designing fitness programs
• Responsibility for finance involving banking as well as budgeting.
• Maintaining the premises and equipment.
• Taught and lead phase IV cardiac rehabilitation classes.
• liaised with phase III medical professionals to ensure safe transition from sedentary to increased levels moving from phase III to phase IV.
• Taught exercise to music, step and body sculpt classes.
• Organized class timetables and also marketing for classes and events.
1991 - 2001 South Sefton Gymnastics Club
Head Coach and Founder Member
• Gymnastics club funded by the Arts Foundation. For the gymnastics development of 5-14 yr. old’s.
• Fully equipped by Olympic standard equipment precured by me working alone on a project to bring opportunities to a deprived area of Liverpool.
• This club was the runner up for North West voluntary clubs’ awards in 1999.
• Organizing events and displays at schools and summer fairs throughout the area of Sefton.
• Coaching involved women's artistic 4 piece including beam, bars, vault and floor work.
• Part of the project involved organization of coaching courses to enable retired gymnasts and parents to become qualified coaches.
Netherton Activity Centre
Teaching Physical Activity in Schools
• Teaching exercise to music and step aerobics,
• Group gym inductions.
• Taking pupils through a physical activity promotion
(Not all Listed)
Educating and Teaching Level 3, 2019.
Active IQ certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement (QCF) (Sept 2012) unit 1, working towards unit 2 and 3 2018.
Completed MSc in Clinical Exercise Physiology.
Module completed in MSc Technical training passed, 2013.
ECG/ETT and Bp 11/1/2013
ACSM revalidated 2018.
R.S.A. Exercise to music teaching award 1999.
Class 5- and 4-Women’s Artistic coach revalidated 1999.
Personal Training Level 3, Active IQ, 2009.
Teaching Physical Activity level 3, Supervising exercise for the disabled level 2, 2006.
GP Referral Wright Foundation 2009.
Cardiac Rehab phase IV Wright Foundation 2012.
Full driving license, car owner.
CRB clearance Ex: 09/10/21 Sefton MBC
Development in first aid from 1991 until 2021
CPR/First Aid Ex: 2021
Defibrillator operation Ex: 2021
Cannulation and venepuncture
Excel Level 2 2020
Excel Level 3 2020
Hate Crime Awareness Course 2020
fitness lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest personal training lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, bodybuilding lessons for all!
Taking muscle strengthening lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£50||£40|