My teaching methodology is always student centered. I believe mutual respect is key to building an effective teacher-student relationship. I like to focus on the needs of the student by having the student communicate directly with me and building rapport.
CELTA Certified Wayne State University College of Liberal Arts and Sciences English, Education and Communications graduate with experience teaching, tutoring, editing, copywriting, creative writing, proofreading, leading meetings, implementing strategies, communicating and leading group discussions with various age groups and topics.
CELTA certified Wayne State University graduate with a Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree from the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences: Major in English, Minor in Communications. Maintains advanced skills in teaching, writing, editing, public speaking, language training, tutoring, networking and communications. Proficient in all Microsoft Office programs; SEO certified. English language specialist, also functional in Spanish and has experience in education with all age groups. Holds ability to lead group discussions on a wide range of topics, connect with students and coworkers using interpersonal communication skills. Retains experience with social media marketing and writing in various formats. Authored a front-page story on the cover of 70,000+ newspapers across Michigan in August of 2015.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE INSTRUCTOR – GLOBAL LT - METRO DETROIT, MI –
OCT. 2017 TO PRESENT
• Independent contract ESL (English as a Second Language) teacher, instructor and tutor for Global LT (Global Language Training) students throughout Metro Detroit, MI, for immigrants new to the United States (typically employees of GM, Chrysler, Valeo, Continental, etc.)
• Leads individual and group lessons, traveling between students’homes and places of business to teach English language lessons pertaining to grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation, reading, writing, speaking, listening and understanding both conversational and business styles of communication.
COPYWRITER & EDITOR – COMMUNICATION ASSOCIATES – TROY, MI –
OCT. 2016 TO OCT. 2017
• Provided and edited copy for various advertising campaigns and industry types, including commercial real estate, international insurance companies, design firms, and more
• Worked with team of account executives and designers to deliver fully functional websites
• Transcribed copy for clients, meetings, emails, bios, etc.
• Drafted proposals for marketing meetings, client contracts, and more
• Provided complete social media networking, marketing and newsletters for clients
• Communicated with clients directly via phone and email to best suit particular needs
• Researched various industry types and materials for better background knowledge when composing client websites, brochures, marketing materials, etc.
JOURNALIST & EDITOR – THE VIEW NEWSPAPER GROUP – LAPEER, MI –
FEB. 2014 TO OCT. 2016
• Composed multiple stories, columns, articles, and copy for three weekly papers for The County Press and Lapeer Area View - Authored front page story on the cover of 70,000+ newspapers in Michigan in August of 2015
• Proofread and assisted in editing three different newspapers each week; provided photographs to run alongside all articles contributed and others
• Traveled frequently to conduct interviews and made regular contact with prominent citizens, businesses, charity organizations, schools and local community leaders
• Founded the “Educator Profile” interview series featuring local teachers, coaches, administrators, and government officials to help prioritize education within local communities
• Invited to speak publicly several times at schools, education panels and board meetings on the vital importance of education within society
• Founded the “On The Front Line” profile interview series, highlighting local members of emergency response services such as police, fire, EMS, 911 dispatch, first responders, volunteers, ER workers and medical professionals
ADMINISTRATIVE CONSULTANT – NORTH BRANCH SCHOOL DISTRICT –
NORTH BRANCH, MI – JAN. 2016 TO OCT. 2016
• Led seminars to educate the administrative staff on how to better connect with students, parents and the local community using tools such as social media and interpersonal communication
• Designed and implemented a social media campaign for all North Branch Area Schools
SUBSTITUTE TEACHER – PESG & EDUSTAFF – METRO DETROIT & FERNDALE, MI –
OCT. 2010 TO MAY. 2016
• Worked as a substitute teacher for all grades K-12 in addition to teaching English as a Second Language (ESL) classes to adults from all over the world throughout Metro Detroit
• Worked as long-term History and English teacher at Ferndale Middle & High Schools. Taught at countless schools throughout Michigan, including schools in Ferndale, Royal Oak, Lapeer, Oak Park, Detroit, Pleasant Ridge, Eastpointe, Dryden, Oxford, Metamora and more.
FREELANCE WRITER & INTERN – NOISE MAGAZINE – LANSING, MI –
JAN. 2007 TO DEC. 2009
• Freelance music columnist for the Lansing State Journal’s weekly publication, Noise - Wrote music reviews, recommendations and reports from live music events
WAYNE STATE UNIVERSITY, DETROIT, MICHIGAN, 2014
B.F.A. in English & Communications from the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
BRITISH STUDY CENTER, EDINBURGH, SCOTLAND, 2018
Cambridge CELTA Certification (Certification in English Language Teaching to Adults)
• Advanced skills: teaching, leadership, writing, editing, social media networking, tutoring and marketing
• Professional experience: public speaking, teaching, tutoring, journalism and interpersonal communication
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, creative writing lessons for all!
Taking literacy lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£18||£18|
|5 hours||Not available||£70||£90|
|10 hours||Not available||£130||£180|