I am a fairly demanding teacher and I ensure my lessons are very interactive. My main goal is to make sure the student understands the topic, as oppose to remembering the mark scheme. I tailor my tutoring technique individually for each student, depending on their strengths and weaknesses in a subject, focusing on the most challenging subject areas for them.
I am PhD student in tissue engineering at the University of Birmingham and I specialise on bone regeneration. I have a Bachelor's degree in Biomedical Material Science, so I have a very multi-disciplinary academic background. I really enjoy teaching and I am currently tutoring school kids!
BMedSc (Hons) Biomedical Materials Science, University of Birmingham.
• Key modules - Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Physiology in Health and Disease, Biomedical Application of cell and molecular biology and Immunology.
• Dissertation – Osteogenic response to a resorbable calcium phosphate bone cement
2013-2016 Bournemouth Collegiate school
A-levels: Mathematics – A*, Russian – A*, Biology – A, Chemistry – A.
IGCSE: 6 IGCSEs including A in Mathematics, Biology and Chemistry and B in English
Education and qualifications
• Final year Research Project, University of Birmingham
- The project is focused on evaluating the osteogenic response in vitro on different calcium phosphate bone cement formulations
- Involves mechanical testing of cement materials, in vitro cell culturing, semi quantitative RT-PCR for osteoblast markers analysis etc.
• Intern at Birmingham Children’s Hospital
- Research directed to identify an optimal amount of time spent with the Osteogenesis Imperfecta patients with different severities, where my main role was patient’s data analysis
Admin and Clerical at Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham, UK
• Various admin work across four different hospitals as a part of University Hospitals Birmingham NHS foundation trust
July – August 2018
Internship at Birmingham Children’s Hospital, Birmingham, UK
• Tasked with patient data analysis
• Involved in rehabilitation classes for children with Osteogenesis Imperfecta in Occupational Therapy department
• Undertaken shadowing physiotherapists in Neonatal Intensive care unit
January – April 2018 Internship in “Advanced Molecular Diagnostics”, Birmingham, UK
• Involved in writing manuals for in vitro diagnostics kits
• Management company’s registration and products certification (including CE certifications)
Internship in “Kostanay Plastic Surgery Centre”, Kazakhstan
• Tasked with assisting a nurse and a surgeon during plastic surgeries
• Involved in managing patient’s records for medical examination before surgeries
• Undertaken training in postoperative care procedures
Summer 2016 Job at “Svetophor” summer camp, Kazakhstan
• Worked with kids aged 7-15
• Supervised their activities and daily rota
• Organised daytrips with kids
Summer 2015 Internship in “Kostanay State Children’s Hospital”, Kazakhstan, Biochemical Laboratory block
• Tasked with managing biochemical data of postoperative and post-traumatic patients
• Taught to use the equipment for basic biochemical analysis of body fluids/tissues
• Engaged in sterilisation of laboratory equipment
October 2014 Volunteering in Bournemouth Children’s Foundation
• Sales assistant
• Customer assistant and merchandise
• Russian language – Native • English – Fluent
• Bronze in UK Senior Mathematical Challenge
• Personal Skills Award (PSA)
biology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cellular biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, genetics lessons for all!
Taking anatomy lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|