I am a young, enthusiastic music graduate who has held prior teaching experience in an international boarding school. I have taught students from a variety of backgrounds, abilities and ages through comprehensive and well-structured lessons. I will tailor my teaching to your ability and requirement and hope to see you soon!
I have been teaching for 6 years now, between London, Durham and Hong Kong. My students have gone on to take on music at GCSE/A Level and are regular performers. I have successfully put a few students through early graded examinations.
Education and Qualifications
BPP University, London (2017)
• Graduate Diploma in Law (Pending)
• Awarded the Career Guarantee scholarship
University College, University of Durham (2013 – 2016)
• Music BA (Upper 2:1)
The John Lyon School, Harrow-On-The-Hill (2008 – 2012)
• A-Levels Music (A), History (B), English Literature (B)
• GCSEs x9 (A-B)
• Awarded the school’s Music scholarship
• Piano Grade 8 (Distinction)
• Tuba Grade 8 (Distinction)
• Singing Grade 8 (Merit)
Graduate Assistant in Music & Resident House Tutor, Harrow International School Hong Kong
(August - December 2016)
• A single-term contract in which I helped run the school’s music department in the absence of a department head.
• Primarily teaching A-Level and GCSE music from the new Edexcel syllabus, whilst also assisting in the teaching of Year 4 and 1 classes.
• Running the school’s orchestra, choir and jazz band and providing pastoral care for a group of mentees in a boys’ prepatory boarding house.
Gap Tutor, Harrow International School Hong Kong (August 2012 - June 2013)
• A challenging, salaried role based in a British international school during the year of its inception consisted of assisting academic music teaching, sports coaching, data handling, IT tasks and interacting with prospective parents, whilst fulfilling a prominent role in the running of a boys’ preparatory school boarding house.
• Developed the ability to comfortably handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a professional manor.
• Member of St. John’s Chapel Choir and University College Chapel Choir whilst at University.
• Several tours around European countries with both Durham Orchestral Society and Harrow Young Musicians.
• Performing with brass players of the Hong Kong Philharmonic whilst in Hong Kong.
• Multiple performances in the Royal Albert Hall, St. John’s Smiths Square and Durham Cathedral.
• Conducting in St. John’s Cathedral, Hong Kong.
Positions of Responsibility
Open Day Representative, Music Department, Durham University (March 2016)
• Advertising and marketing the department for prospective students and parents through tours and talks.
June Ball Entertainment Assistant, University College Durham (December 2015 - June 2016)
• Partial responsibility of a £12,000 budget, negotiating with local and nationwide businesses and artist managers, and working in a team of three to provide a service to 800 students. Vice-President, Music Durham (May 2015 - June 2016)
• Overseeing the outreach programs of ten ensembles, organizing the Durham Festival of the Arts, coordinating the society’s AGM, partaking in duties on behalf of the president and facilitating the acquisition of new societies into the organisation.
• Multiple weekly meetings between senior members of university staff and students in order to facilitate progress the university’s extra-curricular music.
• Competency with Sibelius and MS Offices packages Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Mandarin (Basic spoken)
• Playing sport at both college and university level, Rugby and American Football respectively.
References available upon request.
singing lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest music reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, guitar lessons for all!
Taking piano lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£20||Not available||£16|
|5 hours||£80||Not available||£80|
|10 hours||£150||Not available||£160|