My approach is using a collaborative stance with you as a student, either I can speak to you directly for 30 minutes in a lecture style and then we discuss or we break everything down step by step working together.
Most of my previous work is with a class size of around 20 to over 300 students for one hour however, I have worked one on one with a number of students who prefer only 30 minutes. This depends on what work we are completing together whether that's textbook based or marking a past paper together or simply having a discussion.
I can provide tutoring for University, A level and GCSE for Psychology. A level and GCSE in Drama and Dance. I can also do basic English, Maths and Science work for Primary school students. For all ages I can provide a vast variety of study skills and revision advice. Also provide proof reading of work, homework assistance and help with social skills and communication.
I have a first class BSc(Hons) in Psychology with Counselling and Psychotherapy from Manchester Metropolitan University. This is a recognised degree by British Psychological Society. I also have 3 A Levels in Drama, Dance and Psychology. Also 10 GCSE's all Grade C's including Maths, English, Double Science. I worked for a study skills company for 2 and half years as a Young Presenter and have taught in over 200 schools mainly in the North West but all over the UK.
My name is Abi Ruddock, I am 22 years old and currently live in Suffolk. I am a 2020 Psychology Graduate who is wanting to help those needing an extra boost in their studies as I know how difficult it has been for us as students in recent years. I am passionate about helping others in every element of my life. I will be returning to University in September 2021 to study for a Masters in Social work at University of East Anglia. As mentioned I have three years tutoring and presenting experience in person and digitally.
My name is Abi Ruddock, I am 22 years old and currently live in Suffolk. I am a 2020 Psychology Graduate who is wanting to help those needing an extra boost in their studies as I know how difficult it has been for us as students in recent years. As said I am also dyslexic and have found on my own ways of coping. I used teachers negativity to my advantage growing up and would love to show others with learning disabilities they can achieve. I am passionate about helping others in every element of my life. I will be returning to University in September 2021 to study for a Masters in Social work at University of East Anglia. As mentioned I have three years tutoring and presenting experience in person and digitally.
Cost can differ on individual basis.
From September I will be studying for my Masters in Social work at the University of East Anglia.
Graduate trainee Social worker| Suffolk County Council| September 2020
As a graduate trainee I am experiencing what it is like to be a social worker with a Child in Need team. Giving me a holistic understanding as to what the role of a social worker is and gaining first-hand experience dealing with service users.
Senior Young Presenter and Team Leader | Elevate Education | April 2018 to Present and a Team leader since July 2019 to August 2020
As a Young Presenter I have been involved with going into secondary schools all-round the North West, West midlands and London, presenting study skills in seminars to the students, parents and staff.
• Maintaining high levels of maturity and professionalism at all times towards the team and school.
• Consistently showing confidence and energy within public speaking skills, speaking to group sizes up to 200 people. Achieved the best statistics of the team.
• Being knowledge of the material, making sure questions can be answered effectively about the 10 seminars in which I know.
• Travelling and time management, always being reliable to turn up to the school on time.
• Being a team member at all times, ensuring solutions are brought forward rather than problems and always being open and honest.
Team Leader role involves:
• Overseeing a team of 3-7 individuals are prepared for their seminars, all are quality controlled regularly and are positively contributing towards team culture.
• Work with the General Manager and office members closely to ensure any problems are resolved and addressed efficiently.
• Successful experience in recruiting and interviewing processes for new presenters.
• Leadership and influential skills that inspire and support team members.
• Completion of management training.
Qualifications and DBS checks
- Full DBS for a variety of roles.
- Safeguard trained for both children and adults
- Numerous training around a number of learning disabilities and behavioural difficulties.
- First Class Degree in BSc(Hons) Psychology with Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Level 4 Counselling skills
- 3 A Levels; Psychology, Drama and Dance
- 9 GCSE's English, Maths, Double Science, Psychology, Drama, Dance, PE, History.
Abi, helped Maddie with her a level revision and organisational skills to help her revise and give her advice to sit them. Maddie had tuition with Abi because she was not happy with her original a/level result because of the situation with covid so she decide that she would sit the exams to improve her grades she was very patient with Maddie because she only had six weeks to revise, so glad we had Abi to help her.
Abi is extremely knowledgeable and passionate about psychology. She’s so approachable and lovely which really puts you at ease and makes you want to learn from her. She’s very understanding and absolutely loves to help others
Abi tutored me throughout my A Levels regarding my study skills. She helped me gain confidence and understand effective ways of revisioning and time management.
Abi is a great tutor who easily establishes relationships and can adapt her teaching style depending on her audience. She build great confidence into her pupils and creates a really healthy learning environment. She helps to really workout where the gaps in knowledge are to make sure that each session targets are fulfilled. I would recommend her to anyone.
support for students with a reading disorder lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest support for students with dyslexia lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, support for students with special needs lessons for all!
Taking support for students with dyspraxia lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||£15|