My teaching method is based on presenting the student with a large variety of questions of varying difficulty after I have concisely explained methods to them. I will aim to provide the student with different methods of answering questions so that they may be able to choose what they prefer.
I am a student studying BSc Economics at the University of Nottingham. I have achieved an A* in both GCSE Mathematics and Further Mathematics. I have also attained an A grade at A Level Mathematics and a B grade at AS Further Mathematics.
I have taught Mathematics as a tutor for a year now at my household.
The University of Nottingham 2017 - 2020
BSc Economics with First Class prediction
Ilford County High School 2010 - 2017
A Levels: Chemistry (A), Mathematics (A), Economics (A)
AS: Biology (A), Further Maths (B)
Extended Project Qualification: B
GCSEs: 4A* 7As
The Marquis of Granby, Westminster, Role: Bartender July 2017 – September 2017
• Worked with a team behind the bar during busy after-work hours which pushed me to work under pressured conditions.
• Developed my ability to think quickly when handling cash and make concise calculations significantly improved when working with the till.
Schroders plc, London December 2016
• Worked with the regulatory reports team in which I mainly shadowed the head of the department, Ken Ellis.
• Developed my skills on financial software by working with the team on checking reports concerning transactions and payments.
• Spent a day with the equity trading team where I gained an insight into trading software and how equity prices fluctuated.
Great Ormond Street Hospital, London August 2016
• Spent a week with the GOSH’s financial department, where I managed accounts.
• Utilised my skills from this experience to write up a report on the hospital’s monthly expenditure for the manager.
Boreham Post Office, Chelmsford May 2015 – May 2016
• Worked at the Post Office till as well as the shop till, and occasionally helped the Postmaster with balancing accounts at the end of the day.
• Ensured I met the need of every customer by proactively assisting each customer and de-escalating customer complaints.
• I also had to balance working at the post office with my other commitment of studying for exams which helped further advance my time management skills efficiently.
Shrewsbury Health Centre, London October 2015
• Worked in the administrative department, where I learned the importance of filing confidential details about patients.
• Also assisted other departments by working on reception where I had to adapt to deal with different types of patients.
• Attended to the centre’s phone which helped me improve my organisation and customer service skills as I noted down timings of appointments for patients.
Newham General Hospital, London July 2015
• Shadowed a manager-cardiologist which allowed me to understand the daily requirements in running a hospital and witness the different tasks he completed as both a manager and doctor.
• I worked within various departments at the hospital consecutively, which pushed me to manage different task efficiently.
Positions of Responsibility
• July 2015 – October 2015, I completed the National Citizen Service in which I worked as project team leader and assembled an orchestra of ten people playing Brazilian Samba music.
• 2013-2015, Voiced the opinions of students in my class in the role of a school councilor.
• Formed teams for inter-house tournaments in my role as Junior house captain and mentored younger students settling into school.
• Coordinated with other prefects to organize and control school events and visits from other schools.
Interest and Achievements
• 2017 SEO Candidate.
• February 2016 – Bronze Award for UK Maths Challenge.
• Attained ‘British Airways Language Award’ for the French Language.
• Sports Leader Award Level 1.
• Volunteered as the football coach for my school’s year seven football team.
Skills and Other Interests
• Fluent in English and advanced in Tamil (conversational).
• Completed diploma in Carnatic drums and grade five in the piano.
• Self-taught Flautist, completed grade 1 at a distinction level.
• Personal Tutor.
• Active member of Nottingham Economics and Finance Society
• Member of Nottingham Tamil society’s and Hindu society’s IMS football teams.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|