My teaching method is firstly getting my students to take a standardized test to see at which level they are initially at. I then commence to build on the students' knowledge and ensure they have a full understanding of the foundations so they are then able to gain further and detailed knowledge within the subject areas. As a tutor I ensure the students feel comfortable by creating a safe and inclusive environment, I believe fun is that main motivator to wanting to commit to work and therefore ensure that the students have fun as it is proven that students remember more when in an enjoyable setting.
I am an undergraduate about to commence onto a postgraduate degree in Psychology. I have taught 4 students with support in their 11+, and the students I had taught had been successful in gaining their place within their chosen or second choice school.
Nottingham Trent University, Nottingham 2015 – 2018
• Ba (Hons) Education Studies and Psychology Degree (2.1)
Walsall College, Walsall 2012 – 2014
• CACHE Level 3 Extended Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce Award (QCF) - A
• CACHE Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce Award (QCF) - Pass
Sutton Coldfield Grammar School for Girls, Birmingham 2007 – 2012
• GCSE: 11 A* - C (including English, Mathematics and Triple Science)
PAID EMPLOYMENT AND WORK EXPERIENCE
Summer Temp Staff, Birmingham Metropolitan College 08/2016 – 09/2018
• Communications at all levels by being able to provide a positive customer service for those within the establishment (staff, adults and young people). Also handling telephone conversations with different departments within the institute and future and existing students.
• Efficient processing of payments through the financial systems, following the compliance of GDPR law, as well as gathering data at the end of each day and sharing the information with the relevant line managers.
• Establish clear lines of communication, with team members and completed tasks quickly and efficiently independently and within a team.
Personal Assistant, Nu Business Solutions Ltd 08/2015 – 07/2016
• Worked closely with directorial staff to provide administrative support, usually on a one-to-one basis. Liaising with clients, supplier and other staff to help produce documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations.
• Devising and maintaining office systems, including data management and filing, Responsible for arranging travel, visas and accommodation and travelling with the manager to take notes or dictation at a meeting to provide general assistance during presentations.
Receptionist, Grand Interior Design 07/2014 – 09/2015
• Gained knowledge of the content of products and keeping up to date with any changes made to be able to answer any questions or queries.
• Communicated and liaised with new and existing customers, ensuring to build relationships with them by providing a warm welcoming through being friendly, polite and approachable to every customer.
Positions of Responsibility
Student Ambassador, Nottingham Trent University 10/2017 – 05/2018
• Assisted within a various range of networking and social events for future and existing students. Assisted in participation in student panels at information sessions, which would involve public speaking on behalf of a group of students I represented.
• Involved in the successful coordination of a course fair that included course presentations and networking opportunities and individually contacting prospective students via email and social media.
Support Worker, BASE 51 09/2016 – 05/2017
• Provided support to children and young people by talking about their interests as well as their problems and concerns. Supported the young people to learn to live as independently as possible, by identifying and supporting them in their particular areas of need.
• Administrated in creating and maintain records on all the children and young people who were vulnerable, along with updating support records on our computer system as well as referring them to the correct services they require, counselling being the most common.
From my gained experience I have learnt a range of techniques which I am able to use when teaching to support students with their entrance exams, from BMET college I learnt different methods and techniques that are useful for a diverse range of students. Also, working at BASE 51 I gained the knowledge and understanding of how to communicate effectively with a different age range of children and young people.
11+ school exam preparation lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest test prep lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literacy lessons for all!
Taking phonetics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|