I am a personable and experienced tutor with an excellent history of successfully preparing pupils for the Kent Grammar schools and many of the top London based schools. I teach in a motivating, organised and adaptable manner.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
I am highly experienced at tutoring Maths and English from pre-school to 13+ entrance. I specialise in the 11+ common entrance exam. I am very knowledgeable of the Kent Test and the various schools' entry requirements and syllabus differences. I have worked with pupils who have gained places at several Kent Grammar schools, Dulwich Prep, Eton, Latymer & Godolphin amongst many others.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
Trinity Guildhall LTCL Diploma in Teaching - (Distinction, 2014)
Masters of Music from Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music - (Distinction, 2010-2014)
Bachelor of Music from The University of Manchester - (2:1 hons, 2007-2010)
- How much do you charge?
5% reduction for those who pay in 10 lesson instalments.
- Where do you teach?
I teach from my home in Tunbridge Wells, central location within easy walking distance on the station.
Perfect for those living in Tunbridge Wells, Paddock Wood, Tonbridge, Sevenoaks, Edenbridge, Crowborough,
- When are you available?
I am free Monday & Tuesdays PM.
Also available Saturdays.
If you have a specific time in mind, please let me know and we can see what we can do.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I am highly experienced at teaching pupils from age 4-14. From Key Stage 1 to Key Stage 3, specialising in 11+ and 13+ entrance examinations.
Happy to work with those not working towards exams as well, who just need a boost at school.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
11+, 13+ and specific school entrance examinations.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
Happy to teach online, I have much experience tutoring online using a mixture of Skype and other online applications.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Please feel free to contact me at any time to discuss tuition possibilities and to arrange an initial lesson, I will be sure to reply quickly.
- I am a friendly and approachable teacher who works well with all ages.
- I believe everyone, with the correct teaching can improve and find enjoyment in their learning.
- I ensure that I adapt my teaching methods to suit the individual's learning methods
- I am very experienced at coaching pupils through the 11+ and 13+ and specific school entrance examinations. I am very knowledgable on the exam syllabus and will be able to guide the pupil through this often difficult exam. Please contact me if you would like to discuss times and availability.
- I look forward to hearing from you.
- What kind of experience do you have?
Over 9 years of personalised private tuition.
Huge experience with a wide range of ages, specialising in ages 7-14. I have prepared many pupils for the 11+ and 13+ exams and specific school entrance examinations with great success. I have also tutored many pupils who simply wish to improve their school grades and build their confidence in their own learning.
I believe in helping build the confidence of all my pupils. I aim to make lessons enjoyable which in turn makes the sessions much more rewarding for the pupil.
Teach singing at Tonbridge Grammar schools and several London Independent schools
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
Yes I have a full DBS check and am willing to give evidence of this if required.
- Where and with whom did you train?
I have previously worked for many of the top private tutoring companies in London.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
ISM (Incorporated Society of Musicians)
- Tell me about some of your current students.
I have several current pupils, all of which have made significant progress in their lessons.
I receive regular feedback from pupils and parents telling me that they are thoroughly enjoying their lessons and look forward to coming each week.
Several of my pupils have started at their new schools of choice this September so have some availability.
• Master of Music Degree - Distinction from Trinity Laban Conservatoire
• Bachelor of Music Degree - 2:1 hons, from The University of Manchester
• Full DBS check
• Trinity Guildhall LTCL Teaching Diploma - Distinction, 2014
Eleanor was friendly and encouraging with Flossie who was working towards her 11+ exam. She worked with her in a methodical manner, going through the various topics making sure that Flossie understood each in turn. She really helped with her creative writing, helping her put all her many ideas down into a sensible structure. I'm delighted to say that Flossie gained a place at her school of choice and now is very excited to start. Thank so much, Eleanor
Eleanor has tutored my two children aged 9 and 8 years old for almost a year and she has proven to be very efficient in helping them to improve their academic skills.
She has demonstrated a high level of patience and enthusiasm.
I highly recommend Eleanor to anyone wishing to help their child with their schooling.
- She has also been consistent with her work, and has proven to be resourceful.
- Eleanor has also helped boosting my children confidence and as a result their performance at school improved.
- I would highly recommend her to any parent who needs some support with their children academic performance.
school english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest 11+ school exam preparation lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, 13 plus lessons for all!
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|