My teaching method varies to the needs of the individual, or class, including differentiated lessons, students' input, use of ICT and snippets of videos or films to support learning etc. My teaching fully follows the curriculum and examination boards' specifications.
I'm a 'secondary school English Teacher' with over nineteen years of experience. I've always taught successfully in a variety of schools, as well as one to one privately within students' homes. I'm passionate about my subject and endeavour to inspire students to achieve their potential.
My rate includes travelling and support resources. I always go to the student's home.
I am an excellent, enthusiastic and passionate English teacher who inspires, motivates and supports students to achieve the very best they can. I also have the ability to work as an effective member of a team; committed to supporting, challenging and empowering others to carry a shared vision forward. Moreover, I consider myself to be a person with drive and an innovative approach, wishing to effectively contribute, always, to my work environment or department.
My areas of expertise are:
• Teaching (tutoring) and learning practitioner for secondary school and FE college; includes preparing and presenting lessons.
• Mentoring – as part of the university’s strategy for student’s retention, school intervention, in the community with students studying for GCSE and A’ Levels , with young people with learning difficulties in particular Scope and Mencap on a voluntarily basis and East Staffordshire and Derbyshire County Council social services.
• Effective communicator in a variety of situations and styles, both written and verbally – includes record keeping and report writing; monitoring achievement and performance.
• Liaising - parents, agencies and networking.
• Initiative and leadership abilities – can delegate and co-ordinate efficiently.
• Manage and prioritise workload and time effectively; from running a business as well as from my teaching experiences.
• Personal organisational skills – essential in all aspects of teaching and being responsible for others.
• Excellent listener – this is essential in my teaching role and as a mentor.
• Children Safeguarding – up to date.
• Research and analytical skills – gather, interpret and analyse information.
• Can accurately and effectively work with numbers.
• A keen desire to personally develop, improve and learn new skills.
• Can effectively use computers and technology.
• Reliable and punctual.
Currently English Teacher – Brookfield Academy
2017 to July 2018 English teacher – Birley Academy (maternity cover).
2016 – 2017 English Teacher – Brookfield Academy Maternity cover).
2015 – 2016 English teacher - Chaucer Academy (three days a week).
2015-2016 Media Studies KS5 - Silverdale School (two days a week).
Currently Voluntary Librarian and After School Homework Club
2013- 2015 English Teacher at Birley Community College
2012-2013 English Teacher at Parkwood Academy.
2011-2012 English Teacher at Ashby Ivanhoe College including drama.
2010-2011 English Teacher at Eastwood Comprehensive School including Media studies at KS4 and KS5.
2009-2010 English Teacher at Thomas Alleyne’s High School including the role of ‘One to One Tutor.
2006-2009 English Teacher at Murray Park Community School and Student Mentor.
2001-2006 English Teacher at Sinfin Community School (GTP), including PHSE Co-ordinator.
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, english literature lessons for all!
Taking poetry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£30||Not available|