Find out the level my student is at and understand where there strengths and weaknesses lie. This may be done through looking at a question or asking the student what they already know about the topic we're covering in that session. Then slowly work through the topic or question ensuring the student understands why each step is taken not just what each step is. Each step should be initially shown by myself and then recreated by the student with constant communication regarding how and why we're doing the method we are. At the end of the session some form of consolidation should be made and we should be able to summarize and then prove what we've learnt in that session.
Hey! I'm Joe, an Undergraduate Electronic Engineer currently studying at the University of York in England. I have completed 3 of the 4 years of my integrated masters course and am on track to achieve a first.
I am here to offer tutoring for Mathematics for GCSE & A Level candidates. I have always enjoyed Maths and love the idea of spreading my love of the subject whilst helping others. I have an A* grade GCSE and B grade A-Level in the subject. Furthermore Maths is heavily involved in my University course and is something I have consistently done well at. This year I achieved a mark of 93% on a multivariable calculus paper applying maths to analyze electric and magnetic fields.
I have little experience in tutoring as of writing this. However Last year I worked to create piece of Software for teaching A-Level maths as a group project, one of my roles was to write all the content. I have worked in many jobs which require a lot of customer interaction including working at a Hostel as well as in an office being the first port of call for Freshers asking questions about University life and therefore consider myself a good communicator. My course also demands team work and communication due to the amount of group work involved, which accounts for around 40% of my credits so far. Moreover come from a family of teachers and teaching is something I am considering going into as a career.
Joe Williams PA971933B
Resourceful dedicated and creative undergraduate Electronic Engineering student. Competent events coordinator with adept networking and communication skills. Calm and level-headed individual who is happy to work alone, within a team or in a managerial position.
Software: MATLAB, Pure Data, Logic X, Cubase, Photoshop, Video editing, WordPress.
Programming Languages: C, Java, PD, MATLAB, C++ (VST), VHDL.
Hobbies: Football, Hiking, Music Production, DJing, Live Sound.
Other: First aid, Basic Spanish, No driver’s license.
University of York:
2015 – Present. Electronic Engineering with Music Technology Systems MEng:
Throughout my degree I have learnt about both Analogue and Digital systems as well as learning how to program. I specialize in audio processing and music systems. My third-year project was a piece of Educational Software written in Java which I worked on with seven of my course mates.
First year result: 60%, Second year: 66%, Third year: 70%
Melton Vale Post 16 Center:
A Levels 2012 – 2014: Physics A, Mathematics B, Music Technology C.
GCSE's 2007 – 2012: 2 A*'s, 3 A's, 3 B's and 1 C as well as a distinction in ICT
2017 - Present - CLKWORK (Registered Trading Partnership)
• Booking DJs and organizing their transport and accommodation.
• Moderating and providing content for our social media.
• Creating posters and graphics.
• Promoting the events and managing our team of promoters.
• DJing at the events.
Summer 2017 Hostel One Home Prague
• Socializing with people staying at the Hostel.
• Cooking, cleaning and taking people out for activities in the city.
2016 – 2018 Chairman of Music Production Society. UoY
• Organizing socials, leading workshops and running other events.
• Liaising with the Student Union over funding.
• Moderating and providing content for our social media.
• Working alongside the other three committee member to re-ratify the society each year.
2015 – 2017 Halifax College. University Of York (Part Time / Full time)
Working initially as part of the Student Association then a Social media & Communications Intern.
• Organizing event including playing a large part in the organization of Fresher’s week. A series of events which over 1200 people attended.
• Creating and ordering merchandise, posters and information booklets.
• Redesigning the College website, alongside another intern.
• Working as a Sound Technician for College events.
• Liaising with the student Union to ensure our event were safe and the contractors we were using were properly insured and provided an adequate service.
• Contributing on decision making as part of the Student Association.
• Adapting the Colleges social media outlets and producing content.
Spring 2015 Volcano Hiking guide Quetzaltrekkers Nicaragua (Full time)
• Taking groups ranging from five to thirty tourists/travelers hiking for periods of up to four days, sometimes as a lone hike leader.
• Working in store selling Hikes and merchandise to members of the public.
• Preparing food and supplies.
• Cooking on Hikes and seeing to any injuries or issues client were having.
• Visiting the connected local charitable projects and helping out.
Autumn - Winter 2014 Stafforce Recruitment: General operative at TruFrame (Full time)
• Laboring in a team of four building window frames.
Spring 2011 – Autumn 2014 Park Ranger, Twinlakes Park (Part time/ Full time)
• Managing and allocating lunch shifts for approximately 10 employees.
• Running rides.
• Interacting with the public
Alongside my 3 months spent raising money with Quezaltrekkers I have engaged in some other charity work. Including raising money and awareness for KidScan UK through competing in the student union ran Jailbreak event and organizing charity fundraisers with Halifax College for York Mind & Movember. Also last year I organized club night with CLKWORK in aid of Carecent York.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking trigonometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£10||£10|