I have small interactive classes, catering to the needs of each student. I also do one on one classes. My method is student focused, where I first explain grammar and then put the rules to test with various activities, to encourage students to speak and become confident to speak the language.
I hold a Bachelor of Arts degree in Spanish (first class honours). I have also lived and worked in Latin America for a combined period of three years. For the last five months I have been a personal Spanish tutor.
2017- 2018 The University of Oxford
• Master of Science in Latin American Studies
2015- 2017 The University of the West Indies, St. Augustine campus (part-time)
• Postgraduate Diploma in International Relations
2008- 2012 The University of the West Indies, St. Augustine campus
• Bachelor of Arts in Spanish and History (First Class Honours)
• GPA 3.85/4.0
Latin American Newsletters (LatinNews)
Job Title: Writing Intern
• Research and write on a gamut of socio-economic and political affairs in Latin America and the Caribbean.
• Examine and prepare briefs for investigative pieces.
• Translate and summarise official press releases from Spanish to English.
Embassy of the Argentine Republic in the Republic of Trinidad and Trinidad
Job Title: Assistant to the Ambassador
• Translated and drafted diplomatic correspondence in Spanish and English, resulting in bilateral support for Argentinian candidatures.
• Wrote speeches for the Ambassador and Chargé d’Affaires, which were read at the National Day celebrations, exhibitions, and other events.
• Communicated daily with Ministries of Foreign Affairs in the English-speaking Caribbean, facilitating South-South cooperation between Argentina and these countries.
• Researched the political and economic landscape of Latin America and the English-speaking Caribbean, which were included in reports and briefings for high-level delegates from Argentina.
• Managed and updated social media platforms, which showcased the work that the Ambassador undertook in the Caribbean and led to an increase in followers on the Embassy’s social media platforms.
• Organised successful cultural events, including art exhibitions, national day celebrations and school visits.
2013-2018 Arthur Lok Jack Graduate School of Business
Job Title: Educational Technology Support Officer (Part-Time)
• Supported online sessions, ensuring that classes ran smoothly.
• Troubleshooted student and lecturer technical queries, including password resets, gradebook configurations, and Turnitin reports.
• Planned and executed student demonstrations on eLearning tools, training all incoming students in the features of the eLearning platform, as well as in plagiarism and related software such as Turnitin.
Universidad Cooperativa de Colombia, Bucaramanga, Colombia.
Job Title: Teacher Assistant
• Reinforced English Grammar and Phonetics, which helped students understand complex grammatical rules.
• Developed new materials for English Phonetics, which resulted in recordings for a book produced by the University.
• Organised cultural activities and conversation clubs, sparking more interest in learning English by both students and teachers.
• Translated official documents and worked as an interpreter at conferences held by the university.
2010-2011 Universidad Pedagógica Nacional, Bogotá, Colombia.
Job Title: Internship
• Assisted teachers in class, developing new strategies to encourage students to speak and interact in English.
• Developed conversation and cultural activities, which encouraged students to learn English.
• Worked one-on-one with students in tutorial sessions, correcting their scripts and helping them with English grammar.
• Worked directly with teachers translating official documents for the university.
2011 The National Archives of Trinidad and Tobago.
Job Title: Research Assistant
• Assisted researchers in developing various collections held at the National Archives, contributing to more engaging displays.
• Conducted research towards the creation of thematic exhibitions and other outreach initiatives held by the National Archives.
• Reviewed statistics and drafted reports, which were used to
improve the operation of the National Archives.
Latin American Centre- Latin American Development Bank Scholarship Winner- University of Oxford
• Scholarship awarded on the basis of academic merit to two students from CAF shareholder countries who are accepted to the MSc in Latin American Studies at the University of Oxford.
Universidad de Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
• Attended the II Jornadas de Jóvenes Lingüistas.
• Participated in the course entitled “La Pragmática Transcultural como Fundamento para la Elaboración de Materiales Didácticos en la Enseñanza de Español como Lengua Segunda y Extranjera.”
The University of the West Indies, St. Augustine campus.
• Prize for Topics in the History of Trinidad and Tobago.
• Venezuelan Embassy Prize for Spanish Level III.
• José Martí Prize for From Monroe to Castro.
• First Class Honours BA Spanish and History.
2009 Universidad Nacional de Colombia; Facultad de Ciencias Humanas.
• Satisfactorily completed International Course of Learning and Perfecting the Spanish Language. 4.5/5.0
2007 Sixth-Form Government School.
• Student of the Year Award
• English (Native), Spanish (Near native), Russian (Beginner)
spanish lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - spanish lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocabulary - spanish lessons for all!
Taking oral comprehension - spanish lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£15||£15|