I think it is important that each lesson is designed around a clear and relevant target. When you split up an overall aim into smaller goals, progress becomes easier to achieve and to measure. English can be such a creative and thought-provoking subject: that's why I always encourage my students to think for themselves. I want them to develop their skills, not just memorise information.
I graduated from Oxford University in 2019 with a first-class degree in English Language and Literature, having already obtained A* grades in the subject at GCSE and A-Level. Since then I have completed a masters in political theory at the LSE. I have been a tutor for over four years and have more than 600 hours of experience. I have experience teaching in the classroom and online, one-to-one and in groups. My students have ranged from primary school to university level.
London / Oxford | (concealed information)7 | (concealed information) | (concealed information)
• English (Native)
• French (C1)
MSC POLITICAL THEORY | SEP 2020 - AUG 2021 | THE LONDON SCHOOL OF ECONOMICS
• Averaging a Distinction grade with 75% of modules marked so far.
FIRST-CLASS BA ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND LITERATURE | SEP 2016 – MAY 2019 | OXFORD UNIVERSITY
• Academic scholar. Twice awarded the university’s Gibbs Prize for performance in public examinations.
Ranked 6th in a cohort of 233 in final examinations.
• Shortlisted for the Michael von Clemm Fellowship at Harvard.
• Columnist for the Isis Magazine. Events manager for Industry Oxford, an arts and fashion journal.
A-LEVEL & GSCE | SEP 2011 – JULY 2016 | ETON COLLEGE
• A-Levels: English A*, History A*, French A*.
• AS-Level: Maths A.
• 11 GCSEs: all A* (incl. English and Maths).
• Winner of the school’s essay competition for English. Runner-up in the competition for philosophy and
theology. Shortlisted for the 2016 Young Romantics Keats-Shelley Award, a national essay competition
• President of the school’s Literary Society. Play-reviewer for the school newspaper. Sub-editor of the
• Collaborated with students from a neighbouring school to conduct a research projection into
education, culminating in presentations to British Airways and The Institute of Education.
Qualifications & Certificates
• Level 5 TEFL Diploma from i-to-i TEFL.
TUTOR | HILLTOP ACADEMY | SEP 2018 - PRESENT
• 300 hours teaching English literature, English language, verbal reasoning, and non-verbal reasoning to
students aged 9-18.
• Specialized in admissions to independent schools. Very familiar with the format of ISEB (11+ and 13+)
and UKiset, as well as exams for specific schools (e.g., Eton KS). Conducted interview practice as part of this.
Prepared students for university applications, A-Levels, and GSCEs. Also developed courses independent
of examinations to introduce students to new material and expand their engagement with their subject.
• Lots of experience in the classroom and online, teaching large groups and one-to-one.
ENGLISH TEACHER | THE TURNER LEARNING CENTER PARIS | JAN 2020 – AUG 2020
• 300 hours teaching English as a foreign language to students aged 9-18.
• Very familiar with the CEFR framework and the Cambridge English exams. Prepared 8 students for these exams, all of whom were successful.
TUTOR | BELMORE EDUCATION | JULY 2018 – JAN 2020
• 50 hours teaching English literature, English language, and verbal reasoning to students aged 7-11.
INTERN | UNITED SOCIAL VENTURES | JULY 2018 – AUG 2018
• Conducted impact evaluations for Faces Up Uganda and Kitabu Buk Project, two educational startups in
• Developed content for the teaching syllabus of Faces Up Uganda.
VOLUNTEER TUTOR | INTO UNIVERSITY | SEP 2017 – SEP 2018
• 25 hours providing voluntary tuition to disadvantaged students in the Oxford community, focusing on humanities subjects as GCSE level.
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest english literature lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, 11+ school exam preparation lessons for all!
Taking essay writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|