I have been tutoring English, Mathematics, Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning privately to students preparing for 11+ CEM styled examinations. Through bespoke 1-2-1 tuition, over the course of two years, I had great success in helping my students achieve placement for their chosen King Edward foundation grammar schools in Birmingham. Preparation for the 11+ relies upon knowledge of the exam format for each of the schools, and then careful focus on each of the areas examined.
Beginning in 2016, I have helped students prepare for GCSE Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics examinations with great success – identifying their areas of weakness, and ensuring they reach their academic potential to give them excellent grounding for later education. I believe a tailored approach is fundamental for each student to improve. I am extremely enthusiastic about my subjects, aiming to develop the same genuine interest in my students while building up their confidence when tackling problems. Outside of the school curriculum, I have also assisted students with writing personal statements, the UKCAT and interview preparation for their medical applications.
Enthusiastic, reliable and determined.
My name is Yusuf. As a 3rd year medical student (KCL), tutoring is much the same as treating a patient. Each student is unique, and thus requires bespoke help. This is where I come in.
The first tutoring experience I can remember involved teaching English as a second language in the Middle East - I was 9 years old, and paid to teach a fully-grown adult. It's safe to say I had a very early, but challenging start to life as a tutor.
Following on from this, I have been teaching 11+ since 2012, specifically CEM styled papers, with personal experience of having to sit 6 different 11+ papers myself.
In 2014, while at school, I tutored students in the year below me for GCSE Chemistry and Mathematics. This expanded to teaching GCSE Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics privately in 2016, till present.
As shown by my extensive experience, I believe that I have the passion, realistic appreciation and balanced personality needed as a competent tutor. I look forward to the satisfaction in helping your child achieve what they are capable of.
Education and Qualifications
Sep. 2016 – June 2021 Kings College London
Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
Sep. 2009 – June 2016 King Edward VI Camp Hill School for Boys
A-levels: Maths – A, Biology – A, Chemistry – A, Physics (AS) – B
GCSEs: 8 A*, 2 A
Mar. 2017 – Present Director at East Meets West Services Ltd.
• Founded a software company focused on creating bespoke programs for gamers
• Expanded number of clients to 7,000 across 26 different countries
• Responsible for overall management of the company’s employees, including programmers, accountants and payment specialists
• Head of customer support and liaison, resolving technical software issues and client enquiries
Sep. 2016 – Present Student Liaison at Fonedoctors (London)
• Acting as the first point of contact for students in need of assistance with phone and laptop repairs
• Responsible for advising decisions made by Fonedoctors that would impact the student market, to ensure seamless cooperation between both parties
• Providing remote customer support for technical software issues
Sep. 2016 - Present Self-employed tutor (London)
• Private tutor for GCSE Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics
• Increased student’s confidence in being able to solve exam styled questions through weekly tuition.
• Identified areas of weakness and helped student.
• Helped tutee to achieve recognition for ‘Outstanding Academic Achievement at GCSE Level'
May 2014 – June 2014 Work experience at National Grid (Warwick)
• Worked in the legal department for National Grid Property, carrying out audit and document proofreading
• Attended meetings and assisted in improving a security program designed to assess risk factors at industrial sites
Jul. 2012 – Sep. 2013 Self-employed tutor (Birmingham)
• Tutoring students in 11+CEM styled examinations for King Edward foundation schools
• Successfully supported students by providing unique lessons catered towards their learning abilities
• Enabled both students to achieve placement in grammar schools
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£35||£35|
|5 hours||Not available||£150||£175|