I have mostly helped A level/GCSE level students, and have coached tennis players of all ages and abilities up to national level. The approach that always worked best for me is working through example questions, and talking through the method behind the question. This is not only perfect practice for when the actual exam comes, it is also the easiest and most logical way to deal with the problem.
A fourth year chemist, co-founder of an occupational skincare company, Smibbs, and a University of Nottingham Athlete. Did a year working in industry for the third year of my degree. I have been giving tennis lessons for 8 years, and Chemistry lessons for the last 12 months alongside my degree.
2015 - 2019: University of Nottingham
MSci Chemistry with Industrial Placement Year (predicted 1st class)
· First year average of 72
· Second year average of 75 - top 6% in the year for an Organic Chemistry module
· Third year average of 81
2007 - 2014: Adams’ Grammar School
A2 Level - Chemistry A, Maths A, Biology B
GCSE - 11 GCSEs (3A*, 6A, 2B), including Maths A*, English Language A, English Literature B
Co-Founder & Technical Director, Smibbs Skincare Ltd (February 2017 – Present)
A start-up in natural skincare, built around the story and personal experience of a good friend and business partner who could not eradicate his chronic seborrheic dermatitis, so we solved it!
Finalists of the Santander Entrepreneurship Awards 2018, of which I was a part of the Santander ‘Accelerator week’, including expert talks and a visit to the Microsoft Reactor.
Industrial Placement Student, Battelle UK Ltd (July 2017 – July 2018)
A global research and development company, with my job as an analyst in residues, studying and characterising pesticides for international agrochemical companies.
Athlete: tennis player
• Captained the University of Nottingham Mens 1st Team to win the National Premier North league in 2016-17, and currently captain of the Mens 2nd Team for the 18-19 season.
• BUCS Individual Championships: Top 32 singles, top 16 doubles in university tennis across GB
• Current vice-captain of the Shropshire County Mens team, being a part of county tennis since the age of 12, while achieving previous under 18 and Men’s County Champion.
• Annually compete in the Summer and Winter National Club Leagues, reaching the final top 16 teams in the country on several occasions.
Tennis coach (June 2010 – Present)
• A tennis coach for many years, teaching children and adults as well as beginners to national level players, developing the skill of teaching others.
• I have also spent 4 weeks working as head tennis coach at a Holiday Property Bond resort in La Gomera, Tenerife, teaching people of all ages and abilities. I managed my own timetable of sessions, catering for and adapting sessions to suit all ages and abilities.
• My language and communication skills were tested while coaching at a school summer camp, teaching international students of all ages while they learn English.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£15||£15|