I give lessons up to ages of 18. I believe that speaking is the most important tool of language. Therefore, I take on a very practical approach. I will have discussions with students on topics that are important to them, in order to motivate them to speak French. Having been through the same process as them, I know what the examiners are looking for, therefore, I teach Students in a way that they will succeed in their exams. I will never outright correct a student's mistakes; I will guide them and explain their mistake so that they can come to their own conclusion. Lessons are a collaborative effort so a student's participation is just as important.
I have been studying languages for my whole life. I speak English, French, Greek and Russian fluently. I have been giving lessons for over 3 years. Thanks to our lessons, my students have exceeded their targets, moved up sets and are currently studying A-level French. I just completed a Semester Abroad in the South of France, so my French is the strongest it has ever been. Additionally, I have completed work experience in a French Primary School, where I was always speaking French.
I can only give online classes, therefore I do not need to be given travel costs.
Education and qualifications:
Queen Mary University of London (2016-2020)
BA French and Russian. Predicted 1st
Modules include French Translation, French Linguistics, Russian Syntax and Russian Literature
Higher School of Economics, Moscow Russia (2019)
Modules include Russian Business and Media, Communication Style, Theory of Translation and the Evolution of Russian Literature
University of Aix-Marseille, France (2018)
Modules include French Language, French Translation and Ancient Greek History
Secondary School (2009-2016)
A-Levels: English Literature, French, Russian and Drama (A*-B)
9 GCSES including English Language and Literature, French, German, Russian, Maths and Science (A*-A)
Student Ambassador at Queen Mary University of London (2017-2019)
• Help organise events for prospective students
• Promote the ethos of the University
• Speak with prospective students and their families
French Tutor (2015 – 2018)
• Assess pupil’s level of French and help improve exam skills
• Help pupil achieve and exceed GCSE targets
• Help pupil improve oral confidence
Mildmay Infants Primary School (2013)
• Work with Nursery School children
• Organise activities in order to support their development
• Teach children how to read and write
Ecole du Sacré Coeur, Saint-Martin de Crau (2015)
• Teach English to French Children
• Carry out English Oral Exams and assess children’s level of English
Year 7 Drama Club (2015-2016)
I helped organise a lunchtime drama club for 11-12 year olds. I felt that it was important to promote the Performing Arts, but also to help build these children’s confidence who may feel lost having just moved to a secondary school.
Amnesty International (2015)
My secondary school gave me the opportunity to work with Amnesty International. We would organise fundraising events, such as Tea Parties and distributing Candy Canes during Christmas, in order to raise awareness of Amnesty International and the importance of their work.
Model UN (2014-2015)
It is important to make the younger generation aware of who the United Nations are and the work they do. Therefore, we would regularly run workshops with them and we even organised a Model UN Event, which the pupils thoroughly enjoyed.
Additional Information and Achievements
• Fluent in English and Greek
• French Proficiency Level C2
• Russian Proficiency Level B2
• Arabic Proficiency Level A1
• Jack Petchey Award for Participation in Local Community
• Arts Ambassador for Drama
Hobbies and Skills
• Acting/Drama – Every year I direct and perform in plays in Russian. This has hugely improved my confidence, as well as my language skills
• Club Leadership – I regularly attend a youth club, where I work with children from different social backgrounds. Every week we tackle a new challenge which they may face and so we organise activities to support their learning.
• Rock climbing – Not only does it help me relax, however, it helps me think logically and plan out my movement
• Travelling – I enjoy going to different countries, discovering new cultures and meeting new people.
• Teaching – I volunteer at a Language School, which provides free evening classes for adults learning English.
french lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - french lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - french lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension -french lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£15|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||£75|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||£150|