I work with students at GSCE and A-level. It is important to get to know the pupil and I ensure I relate what is taught to their personal interests. This allows them to understand the topic as a meaningful, real-world subject, rather than a chore.
As a former Sutton Trust US Scholar, I have a lot to offer besides studying Geography at Queen Mary University of London. I have experience with young children and teenagers, teaching how to read and coaching public speaking skills. My mentee achieved 3rd place in the Regional Finals of the SpeakOut challenge (the highest anybody has done so from my school) and my younger students improved two levels in reading in only 4 months.
• Excellent organisation and communication skills, as a regional finalist of the SpeakOut challenge followed by a 2-week campaign reaching a total of 700 people to offer public speaking schemes across schools in Barnet.
• Proactivity and team working skills shown through selection from 180 students to be involved in the Youth Democratic Engagement Programme.
• Confidence and interpersonal skills displayed through elected prosecution lawyer in the mock trials, with a special mention from the Judge at Hendon Magistrates Court.
BA Geography, Queen Mary, University of London 2019 - 2022
• Modules include: Geography in the World, Research Methods, Earth Surface Science.
Wren Academy Sixth Form 2016 - 2018
• A-Levels: Geography (A), Psychology (B), English Literature (B).
• AS Level: Psychology (A).
Sutton Trust US Programme Scholar 2016-2017
• Shortlisted as 1 of 75 out of 1000 applicants to be supported if I choose to study in the USA.
• Networking at a private Harvard University Fair and building relationships with my cohort.
• Studied for ACT entry exams alongside my A-level Studies.
LSE Choice August 2017- March 2018
• Selected as 1 of 180 from 900 applicants.
• Attended 16 seminars on Saturdays alongside my studies to debate Government and Politics in depth.
LSE Year 11 Summer School July 2016
• Selected as 1 of 180 from 600 applicants.
• Participated in a week of class discussions about Law, Sociology, Government and Politics and Economics.
Queen Elizabeth’s Girls’ School 2011-2016
• 12 GCSEs at A*-B.
LUSH Cosmetics, Brand Ambassador, London Oxford Street February 2019-present
• Working in a team of 200 people to hit store targets and business drivers.
• Build rapport and provide detailed consultations for customers and ensure they leave feeling satisfied and fulfilled.
LEON Restaurants, Front of House, Central London September 2018-February 2019
• Served food and hot drinks within 30 seconds of an order being placed, through working closely with a team of 15.
Charity Street Fundraiser, Marie Curie August 2018
• Engaging the public and persuading them to agree to monthly direct debit donations to the charity.
Work Experience, The House of Lords June 2017
• Completed research on body image and gig economies to be later debated.
Iranian Society Outreach Officer October 2019 – present
• Worked in a team of seven to carry out a river clean-up and steward at a local community day.
Unitas Youth Zone Development Team May 2016-present
• Designed, campaigned and pitched the Youth Centre to the owner of Regatta and the House of Lords, as a group of 10, to gather £6 million investment for this project.
Ambassador for London July 2016 – September 2017
• Developed and implemented a new strategy to increase fitness, based on online research.
This resulted in more matches won compared to the previous season.
Child House Project April 2016-present
• Working with the NSPCC to create safe spaces for children who have been sexually abused. Contributed to meetings at City Hall.
Barnet Youth Board member March 2016 – February 2018
• Contributed to weekly meetings regarding developments in our borough. Gained a certificate as a Young Commissioner.
geography lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest psychology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, current affairs lessons for all!
Taking social skills lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£15||Not available|
|5 hours||Not available||£55||Not available|
|10 hours||Not available||£100||Not available|