Hello, I am a Lancaster university undergrad studying Geography Bsc. As this year's exam cycle draws nearer I would like to offer my bit of wisdom of Geography and Biology having faced the exams myself, I can offer lots of advice and coaching on how to effectively study for your GCSE and A-level exams as well lessons on teaching the key concepts and more tricky topics in the exams and how to effectively answer essay style questions.
I am flexible, based on what works best for you whether that be discussion based lessons or more traditional teaching styles, I look forward to helping you achieve the goals you want.
I have prior tutoring experience having taught English language one to one and in small groups abroad. I learned that I rely enjoyed mentoring young people and helping them improve their study skills, work ethic and ultimately their grades. In particular I taught two girls who came in with only a basic grasp of the English language right to a CEFR rating of around B2-C1 were they were able to have fluent conversation and produce clear and detailed text.
I also volunteered at a summer camp in Romania for orphaned children and teens teaching English and providing art therapy, my experience taught me how to interact and teach young people of different ages and those who have different learning disabilities as well as others with mental/physical disabilities.
I would love to expand my tutoring experience by teaching Biology and Geography which are subjects I have a keen interest and passion in and studied them myself at A-level and earned A grades for both.
From age 13 to 17 I attended the Liceo Artistico Andrea Fantoni in Italy where I lived at the time, my education there was equivalent to a High school with its focus on visual arts.
I then later attended Gordonstoun school in Scotland though a scholarship, where I gained:
• B grade in GCSE maths and a IELTS overall score of 7.5 (see attached document).
• A* in Italian, A* in Art, A in Geography and an A in Biology at A-level. I also gained a B in AS-level Media studies.
I am currently studying at Lancaster University; my major is in Geography (BSc) and my minor is French studies.
I have also completed a 20 Hour TEFL course. (see attached document)
• In March 2012 I worked for a month as a full-time intern at Studio Grafico Mariano e Monti in Italy, a graphic design studio. I worked as a graphic designer, learning many IT skills and how to work to deadlines.
• Between April and May in 2014 I worked at La Vetrina di Via Porta Dipinta again in Italy. Here I worked as an artist’s assistant in an art studio, learning how to restore traditional Commedia del Arte theatre puppets as well as working with children teaching art therapy.
• I have also worked freelance as a translator for Italian into English for Avion Luxury magazine.
• Volunteered for a charity street party (Amatriciana Solidare) on the 31st of August 2016 to raise money for the victims of the 2016 earthquake in Amatrice, Italy. Working as a waiter and cleaning staff, serving 18 000 people in one night.
Achievements and skills:
• Volunteered for a charity street party (Amatriciana Solidare) on the 31st of August 2016 to raise money for the victims of the 2016 earthquake in Amatrice, Italy. Working as a waiter and cleaning staff.
• Volunteered for two and a half weeks at Little Johns house in Sibiu, Romania, an orphanage for disabled children where I helped look after the children, organised a summer camp, and engaged them in many forms of creative and physical therapy. My experience there taught me how to work in a team to achieve a common goal, as well as how to interact with and organise activities for people with different levels of physical and/or mental disability. This is where I gained my interest in aid and charity.
• In my final year at Gordonstoun school is was a “half colour” an equivalent title to that of a prefect and had the responsibility of being Art captain, where I would help manage the art department and supplies as well as organise and supervise afternoon art workshops for GCSE and A-level students taking art.
• I am fluent in both Italian and English and basic level French.
• I was a member of the school council for two terms in my last year.
• I have good IT skills, including experience using Microsoft Office, Adobe photoshop and Adobe Premier.
• I also enjoy working in a team as find it very fulfilling.
• I have a good work ethic as I can work within deadlines; I always try to put passion into my work and think creatively when resolving a problem.
biology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£13||£10|
|10 hours||Not available||£120||£100|