Soon to graduate from the University of Birmingham after studying Geography and Urban Planning, I aim to tutor and guide Geography students at AS or A-level. I believe my tutoring methods of useful revision techniques help to not only aid the understanding of topics but also help form a distinctive method for exam preparation. This technique has proven successful for myself at A-level studies after receiving a grade A. I believe my 3 year degree has also deepend my understanding of the subject meaning my research skills may be used to help A-level students reach higher marks.
I began tutoring a family friend at the begining of 2017 due to the student struggling particularly with Geography out of the three A-level subjects chosen. My initial response was to try and simplify the topics through the use of bullet points, diagrams and revision notes. This worked tremendously and after three months the student now feels confident in re-sitting an AS exam, as well as taking the A2 exams.
A-levels can be extremely daughnting but when the content is broken down and simplified, the correct revision techniques can guarantee great marks.
Victoria Madden | 12 Elmwood road, Sutton Coldfield, B74 2DQ | (concealed information) | (concealed information)7
University of Birmingham 2014 – Present
School of Geography, Earth and Environmental Sciences
Geography and Urban and Regional Planning BSc (Hons)
The Streetly Academy 2006 – 2013
Physical Education (C)
AS Level: English Literature (C)
GCSE: 11 A*-B including Maths (B), English Language (A), English Literature (B), Science (B) and Geography (A*)
Marks & Spencer Sutton Coldfield
Customer Assistant Sept 2011 – Present
• Providing excellent customer service – recognition through online Customer Service Feedback
• General store duties such as serving customers on tills/managing tills at peak times, availability to help, stocking shelves quickly and efficiently, in-store online ordering, abiding store policies such as waste ticketing and removal, stock alert and counts
• Credible team member ensuring help of colleagues when needed
• Responsibility to lead major stock counts in the Food hall, Café and backstage
• Responsibility to manage Christmas orders and collection
• Making sure the store is presentable and complies within the health and safety regulations through regular ‘slip and trip’ checks
• Member of the Fire Team; in-store inspection on alert of alarm
A-level Geography Tutoring Sutton Coldfield
February 2017 - Present
• Weekly tutoring for A-level Geography pupil
• Knowledge of personal experience and success
• Revision for Summer examination through good techniques
• Weekly preparation with new initiatives for learning such as cue cards, posters and questions.
Football Coach - Starlands FC 2009-2010
• Girls football team evening coaching
• Supporting younger team members through skills focus
• Variation of training styles to ensure enjoyment
• Regular feedback and support of team members
• The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award - Expedition: Bronze
• The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award - Expedition: Silver
• The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award - Expedition: Gold
• Level 1 Award in Sports Leadership – Sports Leaders UK
• Sutton Fun Run 2014 – 8.5 miles for charitable cause
• Iron Run 2016 – 12K obstacle/mud run
• IT Skills: Competent with Microsoft Office and mapping software ArcGIS
• University of Birmingham Geography Society
• University of Birmingham Planning Society
• Interest in current affairs and urban planning
• Enthusiasm to travel
• Willingness to work as a team member
• Confidence to manage challenges and demonstrate leadership skills
References available on request
Victoria has been a good friend of mine for approximately 10 years. We studied throughout secondary school together, through to studying our A-Levels at the same sixth form school and remained good friends after our time studying together and still remain good friends now. Victoria has always been somebody I can rely on in times of need and will go out of her way to help others even if it does not benefit her personally. She is a kind, approachable and knowledgeable young woman who thrives to achieve and aid others in the process. Victoria has brilliant time management and has balanced her university requirements, personal study time, social life, and personal life brilliantly throughout her university degree to which I am confident she will continue these skills through to her tutoring career and will be a trustworthy and reliable tutor for students to utilise.
Victoria has always been a friendly and supportive person and this coupled with her strong academic ability makes her the ideal candidate for tutoring. She's organised, patient and believes in working hard to achieve your goals. Victoria would help with both academic content which she's excelled at both in school and at university and also break-down study techniques that will help make exams seem far less daunting. Her advice to me about mind-mapping and revision notes have been something I've used many times throughout my own degree and she'd definitely put her all into helping anybody feel more confident with their work.
Geography was my worst subject at a-level, vicky really helped simplify the things I couldn't understand and helped me think of fun creative ways to revise. I ended up getting a B which I don't think I'd of gotten without her help! I wouldn't definitely recommend her to others.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|