I believe in learning the simple foundations of every topic is essential. Once these basic principles are understood we go through the core information of the module - either by power-point slides and/or textbooks. Then, along with the student, we build on this foundation with wider reading, where we use our basic knowledge to simplify complicated works in the literature.
I am a MSci Geology graduate with 16 months experience tutoring Geology and Geography privately, as well as experience as a Undergraduate Teaching Assistant Imperial College London during my degree. My current student is studying an environmental geology postgraduate qualification at BirkBeck University, illuminating my capability of teaching at an extremely high level if required.
Fees vary dependant on level of student.
A highly analytical and resourceful self-starter who works well in a team environment. Recently graduated with an upper second-class Geology MSci (69.3%) from Imperial College London.
JULY 2019 – SEPTEMBER 2019
MINING ANALYST, CRU INTERNATIONAL
- Critically analysed company reports to extract useful information from a robust global database.
- Independently compiled detailed spreadsheets on the reserves, resources and capital expenditures of over 700 mines globally for 2018, to be used in crucial financial reports for the mining industry.
JULY 2018 – SEPTEMBER 2018
DATA AND RESEARCH ANALYST, SHAREFINANCE
- Carried out an independent research project on employee demand for SAYE (save as you earn) plans within the workplace, to find solutions to improve SAYE participation.
- Worked effectively in a small team, demonstrating an impressive self-starter mentality and ability to perform independently in a professional environment.
GEOLOGY MSCI, IMPERIAL COLLEGE LONDON
- Achieved an upper second-class honours (69.3%).
- Awarded the Geological Association New Researcher award, funding vital fieldwork in Utah for my master’s project ‘Reconstructing Sediment Supply and Paleohydrology in the Turonian Ferron delta system’.
- Won Mineralogical Society of Britain and Northern Ireland student award for paper on ‘Deep Sea Mining; Boon or Bust?’.
- Currently ‘undergraduate teaching assistant’ and ‘undergraduate mentor’ refining knowledge developed throughout my degree to streamline the learning of first year students.
- Experience as tour secretary for The Royal School of Mines football team, demonstrating leadership, organisation and resource management skills after planning a trip for 25 members to Barcelona, from start to finish, on a limited budget.
- Currently a hall senior (Volunteer) for Imperial halls of residence. Responsibilities include planning and organising weekly events with resources available, acting as an integral part of a small team.
A LEVELS, THE CARDINAL WISEMAN CATHOLIC SCHOOL
- A level grades AAA (Economics, Geography, Mathematics).
- GCSE grades (1 A*, 7 A’s, 1 B), including an A in Spanish.
• Microsoft Excel
• ArcGIS, ArcScene
• MatLab, Python Programming Language
• First Aid Trained
geography lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest geographical history lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, sustainability lessons for all!
Taking resource management lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£35||£20|