I feel confident that my experience as a German lecturer with diverse student groups will enable me to stimulate your intellectual curiosity and help you to set realistic goals.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
German as part of the IB-Diploma programme
Adult students with an interest in learning German and an interest in learning about German culture
- Tell me about your qualifications.
• Erstes Staatsexamen (University Degree), Hamburg/Germany
Subjects: history / philosophy / educational theory
• Zweites Staatsexamen (Qualified Teacher Status), Hamburg/Germany
• Additional training course in teaching German as foreign language
• International Baccalaureate Training (IBO) - Inthinking German B workshop, Berlin
• AQA and OCR Exam Board courses for German A-Level teaching including how to teach literature
- How much do you charge?
£30 an hour
I might charge an additional fee for travelling depending on where you live.
- Where do you teach?
I teach from my home in Norwich. I will travel if you live locally. I will also travel further subject to travel links and an additional fee.
- When are you available?
As I am currently working part-time I am relatively flexible.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
All ages and all levels.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
GCSE, AS-Level, A-Level, IB-Diploma, Goethe-Zertifikat A1 – C2, TestDaF.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
I am currently not tutoring online but I am open to discuss suitable arrangements.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
Language is not merely a tool to communicate. Learning a new language is like opening new doors and widening your horizon.
- What kind of experience do you have?
• 2004 - 2015
German Lecturer, A-level German (different exam boards) & International Baccalaureate (IBO)
Richmond-upon-Thames College Class Observations: Grade 1 and Grade 2
For many years I have successfully conducted oral exams for German A-Level students and for the IB-Diploma program.
I prepared students for interviews at Oxford and Cambridge University.
• 1996 to date
Freelance German Tutor - Teaching Business German in companies (groups and 1 to 1)
• 1997 - 2007
Part-time German Lecturer at Richmond Adult and Community College. Teaching language acquisition courses to adults from beginners to advanced levels
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
german lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|