I think the most important art about learning a language is to fully immerse yourself into it. Yet I would use my mothers metarials; she is a teacher for German as second language at the European School in Munich.
I am also open to any books and materials of your choice. Language books can be pricy and I am open to anything you pick and already posses.
I am a German Grad Student at UCL. I grew up in Munich and studied my first degree at University of Passau, a beautiful town near the Austrian border.
During High School I took part in a programme to teach refugees from the Middle East and Africa German, Math and General Studies and particularly enjoyed teaching German.
I really felt that over discussing and exploring the language together with them and thus learning about both cultures, my own and theirs at the same time.
Cancellation: two days ahead, otherwise 50 per cent of the price will be charged
Elementary School: Grundschule an der Gebelestraße München ● September 2001 – Juli 2005
Grammar School: Musisches Pestalozzi Gymnasium München ● September 2005 – Juli 2013
● Playing Cello, singing in the choir, acting, student’s newspaper
University: Universität Passau ● September 2014 – September 2018
● Bachelor of Arts in Staatswissenschaften/Governance and Public Policy
● Major: Politics, International Relations, European Politics
● Member of the organisational committee of the congress „Passauer Politiktage 2016”
● Bachelor Thesis: "These people are the same that brought us in catastrophe a few years ago. So why
should I vote now?" - Die Suche nach dem Demokratischen im Denken junger Griechen.
INTERNSHIPS AND WORK EXPERIENCE
nd Internship at „Münchner Abendzeitung“ (daily munich-based tabloid) ● August 2
● Research, writing small articles, interviews, reports
Internship at Focus Money (leading financial weekly) ● 02.08.2010 – 11.08.2010
● Research on financial topics, writing smaller to middle-length articles Internship at IPPNW e.V. – International Physicians for the Prevention of
th th Nuclear War ● February 17 2016- April 15 2016
– August 11th 2010
● Submitted to PR, but assisting in all departments
● learning about political campaigning, general office skills and organizational structures
● creating blogs and articles
Voluntary Work: Teaching Refugees Berufsschule zur Berufsvorbereitung an der Balanstraße ● September 2011 – July 2012
● Teaching German, Math and General Studies to refugees from western Africa and the Middle-East
● Special experiences, learning about intercultural communication, turning upside-down of my common
Volunteer Work: Assisting reception centres during the refugee crisis in Passau 2015 (German border town)
● personally experiencing the suffering and needs of refugees
● learning how to act in extreme situations or handle people just coming out of extreme situations Work Experience: Hostessing at trade shows, events and conferences
● organization, professionalism, cope with stressful situation and handle peak times
● intercultural communication
● first experiences in leadership and management
Special Project: Autonomous study trip to Greece within a scholarship programme of the Kreuzberger Kinderstiftung and the Schwarzkopf-Stiftung Junges Europa
● Travel report on observations regarding young greeks and their attitude towards the crisis:
● Collecting data for the case study of my bachelor thesis by leading interviews with young women.
● German: native language
● English: fluent (C1)
● Spanish: conversation skills (A2/B1)
● Latin: „kleines Latinum“
german lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - german lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - german lessons for all!
Taking oral comprehension - german lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|