I like to give the my students the opportunity to struggle before fully explaining the concept to them. Since I am still just a kid, I have a solid understanding of what type of results I can get out of students.
I am a senior at Newport Harbor High School. Next year I will be attending the Naval Academy and I have a 4.8 GPA. I have been volunteer tutoring for a year, but now I am looking to brand out.
September 2015 - June 2019
Newport Harbor High School, 600 Irvine Ave
● Unweighted G.P.A (9-12): 4.00
● Weighted G.P.A (9-12): 4.53
● Advanced Courses:
○ 9th grade: Honors Biology
○ 10th grade: Honor Chemistry, Honors Precalculus, AP European History, AP
○ 11th grade: AP Biology, AP United States History, AP Calculus AB, IB Language and
Literature HL1, IB Business HL1
○ 12th grade: AP Computer Science Principles, AP Calculus BC, AP Physics C:
Mechanics, AP Government, IB Language and Literature HL2
● AP Calculus AB/5
● AP US History/4
● AP Biology/4
● AP European History/4
● AP English Language/3
● Composite Score/34 (English/34, Math/33, Science/33, Reading/35)
SAT Subject Tests
● Math 2/ 750
● Biology: E/ 710
● US History/ 690
Awards and Honors
● Varsity Scholar Athlete, 2016
● Conditional Offer of Appointment to United States Naval Academy, 2018
● Student of the Year in Mathematics Nominee, 2018
● AP Scholar with Distinction, 2018
● Academic Excellence, (2016,2017,2018)
June 2017-Present, 4 hours/week
Youth and Government, Newport Harbor Delegation - Treasurer
● Lead delegation finance committee, which includes organizing fundraisers, purchasing
merchandise and gifting scholarships.
● Collect and record all delegate payments, ensuring payments are made on time.
● Member of the interviewing panel; responsibilities include selecting students who meet
criteria to become delegation members.
November 2017-February 2018, 2 hours/week
Youth and Government - Chief Whip
● Elected by a body of 1500 delegates to serve as one of eight Chief Whips
● Organized votes and represented the opposition to the Youth Governor within the mock
● Researched bills and devised strong arguments against them in order to persuade
February 2018-April 2018, 5 hours/ week
Leukemia and Lymphoma Society Student of the Year Campaign -
● Participated in a team of five students tasked with raising money for the Leukemia and
● Coordinated local fundraising events including a pick-up basketball tournament, a wine
tasting event, a movie night and a local spin class.
● Raised over $50,000 and was awarded “Student of the Year” as a team.
October 2017-May 2018,
1 hour/ week
WE Charity, Newport Harbor Chapter - President
● Founded small on-campus chapter of the WE organization.
● Organize local campaigns to raise money and awareness for global issues.
● Raised over $1000 in 2018 for better access to clean water for underdeveloped African
July 2018- August 2018, 18 hours/week
The Office of the District Attorney, 8141 13th St, Westminster, CA
92683 - Intern
● Discussed cases with lawyers and assisted with forming arguments and organizing
● Transcribed audio, analyzed surveillance, summarized police reports to support the district
● Interacted with the defendants in the process of forming a plea deal.
June 2017- Present, 8 hours/week
Free Range Café, 501 Park Ave, Newport Beach, Ca - Waiter
● Promoted from dishwasher to waiter.
● Provide friendly service to customers to ensure satisfaction.
● Take customer orders and deliver food.
● Collaborate with coworkers to maintain smooth restaurant operations.
April 2017-June 2017, 6 hours/ week
Taco Bell, 400 West Coast Hwy - Cashier
● Took orders and collected payments from customers.
● Upsold new items and ensured customer satisfaction.
● Addressed customer questions or complaints.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|