I believe in teaching in an interactive and individualistic style which benefitted me be, this means tailoring the exact methods of teaching to each child, identifying and fine tuning what works bets; we are all different in how we learn, some of us visual some oral and some auditory to name a few. I aim to adapt howI convey information and skills depending on each student.
Hi there! My name is Beth, I am currently an A-Level student studying English Literature, History and Classics currently in my last year of sixth form. I am happy to tutor in the subjects that I excelled in in GCSE (namely English literature, English Language and History) and alternatively that I am doing well in currently. I will be studying at Kings College London or New College of the Humanities in London from September 2019.
I have entered my predicted UCAS A-Level grades as I do not sit the exams until after this Easter break.
I also have experience in teaching EAL and ESOL as I have assisted my parents in their classes for several years. I have worked as a teaching assistant both at my local primary school and as work experience in secondary school classes, this has given me practical experience in teaching a range of ages and subjects. I’m passionate about passing on the skills and the knowledge I have gained in my school years and advice which I have upon reflecting on my experiences.
If you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact me.
Kind regards, Beth.
- 'Primary' Level (below GCSE) £10/hr
- GCSE Level £15/hr
Personal Statement: I am an enthusiastic self-motivated person who enjoys being challenged both working as a team and an individual. I am equally eager to learn new skills and meet new people and apply my existing skills and strengths to new tasks.
Work Objective: To gain experience in the legal system in the interest of a future career
- I have worked with Welsh Conservative party leader Paul Davies during his leadership campaign (July 2018) assisting his personal assistant in their constituency office (handling Mr Davies’ case work) and at the party’s campaign stalls at events like the Pembrokeshire Royal Show where my role focused on interaction with potential supporters. I was equally given insight into the Parliamentary aspect of the constituency as I also worked alongside Stephen Crabb, the MP for Preseli Pembrokeshire.
- I have volunteered for two and a half years (2017- present) with my local church’s programme to improve relationships and increase interaction between the different generations in our community on a weekly basis.
- I worked as a teaching assistant for my work experience (June 2017) where my role involved working with individuals who were more challenged by the subject and supervising the class in the teacher’s absence. Similarly as a Primary School Assistant at my local primary school (academic year Sept 2017- June 2018) helping delegate tasks, assist the children and acting as a ‘middle man’ of sorts between the teacher and students encouraging their work in an energetic and encouraging way as well as helping to engage less enthusiastic members of the classroom.
- I was involved in my local Combined Cadet Forces for three years (2015-2018) attending two summer camps. This focus on teamwork and communication under pressure and later being responsible for my own section as a Lieutenant put into practice valuable skills I have found widely applicable to other areas of work afterwards.
- I have assisted in teaching my schools’ LAMDA programme (London Academy of Drama and Art) for three academic years (September 2015-June; 2016 Sept 2016- June 2017; Sept 2017-June 2018) using my personal experience to guide the junior years.
- I have worked as a waitress/kitchen assistant in a café for four weeks in the summer of 2017, as my first experience of a real work environment it introduced me to a profession attitude of working and the importance of customer satisfaction.
- Strathallan School, Perth 2013- present
GCSE Grades (August 2017)
- English Literature: A*
- English Language: A*
- English Presentation Thing: Distinction
- History: A
- PE, French and Chemistry: B
- Physics, Biology, Maths: C
A Level UCAS Predated Grades (AS Equivale)
- History: A
- Classics: A
- English Literature: A*
- Extended Project Qualification: A
- Kings College London: European Politics (AAA) – First Choice
- New College of the Humanities: Politics and International Relations with Law (Unconditional) – Security Choice
- Royal Holloway: Politics (AAB)
- University of Kent: Politics (AAB)
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, english literature lessons for all!
Taking creative writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£10|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||£50|