I believe that all students learn differently and adapt my lessons to the individual needs of the student. I believe that students learn best through scaffolding - learning by example - and so adopt the modelling teaching strategy. I also adopt a multi-sensory approach to teaching.
- Classes We specialise in the 11 plus exam for grammar school entrance, working with children aged between 7 and 11 years old in Solihull, Birmingham and the surrounding areas. - Ages and Levels Covered We tutor children from Year 3 to Year 5. - Opening Times Office open 8am till 8pm - Tuition Fees We offer a mixture of face to face tuition with online homework to support in class learning.
My teaching is based on the student as learning is individual to each and every student and I will adapt so they feel they are getting the most out of the lessons. I can also film extra videos if this would help.
I am a third year medical student. I can give lessons to secondary school students in chemistry, biology, English literature and religious studies. My teachings methods are to simplify the content and be able to understand it easily and efficiently. I try to make lessons interesting and valuable.
After leaving industry to retrain as a teacher, I have developed wide experience of mathematical private tuition assignments. I can prepare students for particular examinations, or the skills they need for the classroom or workplace.
- Classes Our unique programmes complement the UK school curriculum and cater for your child's individual needs, allowing them to study at a rate that is just right for them and will eventually allow them to take responsibility for their own learning. Our English and Maths programmes have been developed over the last 55 years by dedicated instructional teams working across four continents.
As each child is an individual I offer an assessment to identify strengths and weaknesses and the level that the individual is working at. Following this, for the 11 plus I cover all of the different question types that can appear in the exam so there are no surprises for the real thing.
- Classes Standard Membership - - Up to 2 tuition sessions per week. - Mapped to the National Curriculum. - A maths and English course created for your child's individual needs. - Parent feedback at the end of every session. - Regular in-depth Parent Meetings to discuss your child's progress. - No booking required - attend at any time during our opening hours.
- Classes We teach in small groups, no more than six children per class. We believe valuable and beneficial tuition is achieved by building a good relationship with students through ongoing motivation. 11 Plus tuition requires careful preparation beforehand: many people assume there child can be prepared three months before the exam.
- Classes Classes are run by a qualified instructor who is also a qualified teacher with many years of experience. - Ages and Levels Covered Starting from 3 with no upper limit - the course focuses on student ability irrespective of age - Opening Times Wednesday 4.30 to 6.30 Saturday 11.30 to 1.
I like to assess the child's ability first and then tailor the classes to suit them. Often the best way to do so is to go through a few paper's and assess their strengths and weaknesses and then subsequently go from there to make sure they understand the problem they are dealing with.
I am a qualified teacher and English Leader, graded 'Outstanding' by Ofsted with over 13 years of experience teaching year 6, preparing pupils for SATs and boosting level 6. I have relevant experience tutoring students through 11+. - Which subject(s) do you teach? KS2 English and Maths. Year 6 SATs revision including Level 6 booster.
- Classes My approach is small group sizes of 4/5 pupils. I believe small groups are ideal and more productive as each child is different but more importantly I can personalise my teaching approach to suit the dynamic of the group. Small groups also allows the pupils to interact with like minded peers and learn from each other especially with problem solving tasks.
I'm an English student at University of Exeter. I offer English lessons from primary to A-Level, particularly focusing on reading and literary analysis. I am happy to help with all areas of English as a school subject. I'm a friendly, patient tutor who will always focus on what's best for you as a student individually, as my aim here is to help you.
My teaching method is by dissecting each paper to ensure understanding of what the exam board are looking for. We will then focus on essay writing and employing skills that impress examiners, such as focusing more on structural analysis to ensure that the top band is attainable.
Experienced teacher and private tutor offering one-to-one support. - Which subject(s) do you teach? All Primary subjects Key Stage 1 and 2. 11 Plus preparation English Language to GSCE Maths and Science to GCSE - Tell me about your qualifications.
I am willing to tutor both GCSE and A level students. Having chosen English Literature at A level and as my degree I really know what is required to write a compelling and coherent essay and how to insightfully and closely analyse texts.
My personal approach to tutoring is to help calmly and thoroughly help students understand the question and the solution to make a strong foundation for future knowledge. I aim to assist students and give hints and support to inspire understanding of the answer until they are capable of completing the questions independently.
For more information on me, read my interview below and articles poster. I also have a blog: (concealed information) - Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach English from KS1 up to KS4. I also offer A Level English Language and A Level English Literature. - Tell me about your qualifications. I have 9 GCSE's (all grade B-A*.) I have A Levels in English, Psychology and Geography (all grade A).
my teaching method is 1-1 classes, because I feel pupils actively learn actively when their is less distractions and more focus on their individual needs rather than a group of students. Also, through physical and mental strategies provided, students can become more confident in the subject.
I am an experienced Chinese Mandarin, Maths teacher/tutor and & certified 11+ teacher. I am a patient, passionate and dedicated teacher and have a very good success rate with all of my pupils. - Which subject(s) do you teach? Chinese Mandarin, Maths, entrance test preparation and Computer/IT. - Tell me about your qualifications. PHD postgraduate qualification.
I am a patient, passionate and dedicated female teacher and my lessons are fun as well as informative, tailor-made to each student. Many of my students come to me by recommendation. I have a track record of helping students achieve top grades and dramatically improve their attainment.
My teaching method is based on the student; I am flexible in my teaching styles so that it fits each individual student. Lessons will involve evaluating the students' current revision techniques, introducing new and effective ways of learning, consolidating concepts, going through exam questions and past papers and reflecting on its effects.
My teaching manner is usually rather relaxed but diligent. I'll try my best to understand any queries you may have and to find a solution to best suit you. I won't force you at uncomfortable paces and each session will be controlled directly by you. We can be as friendly or serious as possible, though I tend to find that people learn better when talking to a friend.
My name is Nida and I am currently a forensic analyst. I teach a variety of subjects to children ranging from KS1- A LEVEL. In terms of lessons, I prepare for my lessons in advance and I generate my lesson plans using a variety of sources such as books, youtube videos and online resources.
My teaching approach is different to help student pick up on pace as well as understanding the sessions carefully to reflect on
Highly experienced, sympathetic Classics teacher, (Birmingham based) seeks to widen his clientele of tutees. - Which subject(s) do you teach? English, Maths KS2-3, 11+, 13+, GCSE English, History, Latin, Greek, Ancient History, Classical Civilisation, Advanced Level Latin, Greek, History, Ancient History, Classical Civilisation. - Tell me about your qualifications. MA Classical Studies, St.
I like to approach learning by understanding. Not memory learning as people often say is all you need for GCSE and A level. I like my students to completely understand a topic before moving on, meaning that if a question comes up that they haven't seen before, they can apply their understanding and logically work their way through any question.
I base my teaching on topics which students struggle on, I use my revision techniques to help students revise and boost their grades, by helping with time keeping and exam practice. It is essential this communication is there so students can achieve their best grades.
Most of our tutors are working professionals as well as some King Edwards Grammar School Alumni (ex-students) and fully understand what is required to pass the entrance exams. They will help prepare your child through their extensive experience and knowledge of the eleven plus exam. Guidance and practice will also be provided through revision, exam techniques and mock exams.
Thousands of tutors can teach you 11+ School Exam Preparation,
find private lessons close to Solihull.
Pick your own coach to help you learn 11+ school exam preparation. Superprof will help you to find the most relevant tutor: we put together all the teachers skilled in 11+ school exam preparation in Solihull and close by.
Whether at home or in a classroom, take advantage of the close supervision in Solihull by an experienced tutor. Improve your grades or your performance, refine your accent, work better and more efficiently with someone guiding you.