- Classes The Kumon programme enables all children to study work at the right level for them, based on their individual ability. They are supported and observed by the Instructor and class assistants to guide them towards independent study. This means each child can attend one or two classes per week on a "drop-in" basis for approximately 30-40 minutes per subject studied.
Reference from Training Mentor: "Alice set high expectations in terms of behaviour and engagement and ensured maximum participation of all children throughout the lesson. Alice used appropriate questioning to challenge all the children throughout the session. Activities planned for the children to work on individually provided very appropriate challenge, especially for the more able children.
I'm a very experienced, friendly and supportive qualified English teacher. I have excellent subject knowledge and understanding of the new English exams. I will motivate you to achieve your best results and make fantastic progress. - Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach English Language, English Literature, English Language and Literature (combined). - Tell me about your qualifications.
- Classes We provide tuition for children in English and maths. In English we are able to support in spelling, reading and reading comprehension, writing, grammar and punctuation, handwriting and exam preparation.
- Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach the subjects I feel that I am fully equipped to, due to my own enjoyment and subsequent successes in them. These are English (Literature and Language), Classical Civilisation and Drama up to A-Level, as well as proof reading work and help with university entrance.
I to I teaching to meet the individual needs of my pupils. Lessons adjusted and reviewed weekly to ensure progress. Fun approach to motivate and engage reluctant learners. Detailed feedback given to parents. Homework can be provided if requested.
Experience tells me that private tuition works not just because of the one-to-one teaching, but because of the relationship between student and tutor: often a young person will listen to an adult who is neither a parent nor a school teacher.
I am a very experienced tutor who gets excellent results at GCSE, A level and university level. I have a Masters Degree and a Doctorate from Oxford University, and I am a trained teacher. I deliver one-to-one tuition in person or by Skype, plus writing workshops.
My teaching methodology is fun, creative and very changing. I rely on diverse methods of absorbing educational knowledge, by making my lessons interactive and different. I am very approachable and also hold good communicational skills. My teaching experience has led my students pass their entrance exams of grammar schools and other general tests.
My teaching is learner focused. You know what you need, I can help you get there by understanding how you like to learn and adapting my materials and approach to enable you to be successful. You’ll find me to be friendly and approachable, while always remaining professional.
My teaching style is primarily led by the demands of my tutee. However, my belief is that issue based debates that encourage students to come forward in their own ideas- supported by a exam board approved framework that I can provide is the most effective manner of learning.
- Classes One-too-one tutoring Small groups and workshops - Ages and Levels Covered GCSE and A-level available to all ages, including adults.
I am a enthusiastic and friendly humanities tutor who has recently graduated from Oxford University. I really enjoy being able to assist students who might benefit from a more personalised teaching experience, and finding the motivation required for students to perform at their highest ability.
I have not taught before, but I would cater my lessons as much as possible to your needs. I believe in a thoroughly interactive learning experience and would want to get an idea of your knowledge and skills before deciding on a way to help.
1. Identified the needs of learners and if necessary adapted course content and delivery style to meet their needs 2. Assisted with homework and other class assignments 3. Developed academic strategies to improve student self-sufficiency 4.Worked with students aged 5-13 to improve English and Reading skills 5.
I have studied specific texts in detail so will be more useful if you are studying some of the texts I have done (eg Of Mice and Men; Hamlet; Dracula; The Bloody Chamber; Much Ado About Nothing; Canterbury Tales; Streetcar Named Desire- there are many others from GCSE and A Level so feel free to enquire).
I'm a friendly - and results-focused- teacher. I listen carefully to what worries you, and show how you can tackle and enjoy the challenge in hand. I work at all levels, agreeing with you at the very start where we're going and how we will measure your success. We'll agree targets and I will support you to meet (and even beat!) them.
I am an experienced and Ofsted 'outstanding' rated English teacher providing one-to-one tuition in Bath for children aged from 6-16 years old (Key Stages 1,2,3 and 4) in English Language and Literature. (concealed information) - Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach English Language and Literature - Tell me about your qualifications.
I aim to run an intimate one to one teaching session with a consistent style of questions and answers to help students not only find out what they need to know but in doing so allow for growth and learning themselves and my aim in every lesson is that by the next session I will not be needed until a student is built to a professional level.
I am currently a 1-1 intervention support teacher, giving lessons in a primary school to children who need their confidence boosting, or who need another way of looking at that math's problem to help them understand and become a confident learner.
I am willing to tutor anyone who requires support with English studies! Whether you are studying for your GCSEs or A-Levels, or just need help with KS2/3 homework, I can provide individual lessons to suit your needs.
I'm finishing my bachelor's degree and starting my master's in September. I currently tutor GCSE English language and literature. I think success is all about enjoyment and confidence. If you begin to enjoy a subject and find enthusiasm for it, and gain confidence at the same time, you are bound to do well.
A simple test for dyslexia and/or spelling/reading needs. One-one work using Alpha to Omega dyslexia and spelling packages, ipad, ‘squeebles’ spelling and maths computer programmes, other IT-led activities and lessons based on individual need. Prep with past KS2 SATs papers and CE past papers.
I am an extremely experienced language and literature teacher, excelling in boosting student confidence and by extension, results. Several of my students scored full marks in exam papers i tutored them for last year. Allowing all students to surpass expectation.
- Classes Students follow a personalised program of study in each 80 minute lesson, working in classes of up to 5 students. We believe in stimulating and encouraging students by using a multi-sensory approach to learning, so students complete a variety of tasks to suit different learning styles and help each student to achieve their 'lightbulb moments'.
- Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach all subjects at KS1 and KS2 and English and History at KS3 and KS4. - Tell me about your qualifications. I am a qualified teacher. I have been a primary teacher all my working life. From 1996 - 2007 I was a headteacher and I have been a successful home-tutor since then. - How much do you charge? My basic hourly charge is £20.
I've been teaching and lecturing English for the last seven years (ESL/EAL/EAP) alongside developing and honing my skills as a scriptwriter. My academic background is in education and creative writing and I'm a fully qualified ESOL teacher (who's worked with teenagers, academic students - up to and including doctoral - and business clients).
Hello! I've just finished my first year studying English Language and Literature at the University of Oxford, and am hoping to spend the summer vacation tutoring those who want help with both English and the Oxbridge entrance process. It's definitely a cliché, but nothing makes me more enthusiastic than reading and discussing literature.
- Classes Classes operate on a drop-in basis. - Ages and Levels Covered All ages and abilities are welcome at the study centre; staff are able to support early learners through to mature learners. - Opening Times Classes are held on Mondays and Wednesdays between 3.30pm and 5.30pm. - Tuition Fees £53 per subject, per month.
My teaching method is flexible. I can get straight into content or take time to work through challenges at your pace. You decide because the way you learn will change the way I teach. I have previously taught students from age 4 to age 10. Many with Special Educational Needs and at varying levels of ability across all Primary School subjects. I am used to different learning styles and approaches.
Thousands of tutors can teach you English,
find private lessons close to Frome.
Pick your own coach to help you learn english. Superprof will help you to find the most relevant tutor: we put together all the teachers skilled in english in Frome and close by.
Whether at home or in a classroom, take advantage of the close supervision in Frome by an experienced tutor. Improve your grades or your performance, refine your accent, work better and more efficiently with someone guiding you.