My teaching method will depend on the student - their age, their experience and what they want to learn. For very young students, I will begin to encourage their creativity with storytelling games, interactive tales and gradually introduce writing prompts as their confidence grows.
I like to focus on a student's individual needs - making sure that they understand where they are in terms of their academic progress, know their goals and how to reach them over a certain period of time.
My teaching methodology is a very individual approach, I believe that each student should be taught in the way that he or she requires to be taught with the material working for the student rather than the other way around. I place the emphasis on the student's skills and utilise those to get the best results in terms of how the student learns.
When at college I participated in peer tutoring, which I enjoyed a lot: I like making friends through teaching - discursive study is a much better approach than simply telling someone to go over things.
My teaching method is to firstly learn what it is you would like to focus on in the lesson, be it a specific piece of course work or a more general approach to essay writing. This is important if the student chooses a focus, I can then decipher where we should go from there.
I have a Masters with Merit in Marketing Innovation and a BA Hons 2:1 in English Literature from the University of Winchester. I am comfortable teaching one on one, up to A-Level english lit and lang. This includes GCSE and beginner level english. I will tailor all material to the specification of any upcoming exams, and also work to provide methods of understanding unique to each student.
I approach each topic by first appraising the knowledge of my students through testing, and then proceed to vigorously pour over exam material, past papers, examiner's reports and course SAMS to make sure that all knowledge taught is relevant.
I am a fun, hard working and patient tutor with two degrees and experience teaching. Flexible hours available to suit your schedule.
'Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand' I am entirely based around Assessment For Learning (AFL) and student engagement and other than being a nice buzz phrase, AFL means that I would never seek to teach the student something they already know and never to waste time or effort.
I’m very friendly, dedicated, passionate. Since I am still in college, on most days, I’m only available during evenings. However, I will be able to commute to your desired location, or give online lessons via Skype that is more convenient.
I provide educational support and guidance for pupils from all backgrounds, ranging from children who lack confidence to those who need to be challenged and extended.
I have just completed my second year at UCL studying for a BA in History of Art and am able to offer tuition in History of Art, English or general literacy skills and proofreading. I am also able to offer piano and music theory lessons.
- Which subject(s) do you teach? The subject that I offer tutorials in is the one that I am most passionate about; English. I am currently in the final year of an English degree at the University of Winchester, which has incorporated elements of English Language and English Literature, both of which I can cover in tutorials.
- Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach: Art and Geography; English, Maths and Science up to KS2; Percussion up to Grade 8; and Piano to Grade 4. - Tell me about your qualifications. I have 9 GCSE A-C grades (A* Geography & A in Art), and 3 A-levels. I am currently at university studying towards a Ba Ed.
- Classes We have classes in Maths and English for all ages and abilities on Monday and Thursday afternoons from 3.45-6pm. The Kumon programme is a long-term study programme designed to build independent study habits over a number of years of study. - Ages and Levels Covered All ages and abilities. - Opening Times Monday and Thursday 3.45-6pm. - Tuition Fees £57 per month per subject.
My goal is to make learning english fun even for children that find it difficult to enjoy the subject and creatively involve them in ways that can really get the best out of them. I’d like to motivate and help them achieve the best possible grades.
I am twenty year old Law student at the University of Winchester with a huge passion for English Literature; my structure forms around the student's needs and it can all be planned in advance each week. Mostly done online if possible, but I am able to travel in the central Winchester area! I am available most days, especially weekends and evenings.
I am a super-friendly young woman living in Southampton. I worked for six years as an English teacher in a primary school before moving to Southampton. Now that I'm living here, I would still like to teach but not necessarily in a school.
I am a TESOL-qualified teacher with around ten years varied experience of teaching both adults and children. - Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach key stage 2 English, and English as a foreign language, both informally and for exam preparation. - Tell me about your qualifications. I have a BA honours degree in Modern Languages (2:1) and a TESOL certificate.
- Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach Adult Literacy/numeracy, English (ESOL), A level, English, University English, Proofreading/Editing, Law and American Exams. - Tell me about your qualifications. I have a B.A. in English and J.D. in Law. I also have a certificate in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages).
As a consultant, my primary career is built on a unique combination of finance, accounting and technical knowledge. - Which subject(s) do you teach? Business Studies, Computing, Economics, English, Essay writing, Management, Mathematics. - Tell me about your qualifications.
My lessons are from primary to dissertations/extended projects - improving English at all levels (including leisure). My lesson structure is quite simple: first establishing what the student wants to achieve through these classes - age, experience, leisure or academic. After, looking at what skills are needed (if academic) to achieve the highest grade possible and meeting the syllabus.
- Classes We tutor English and maths to children in 80 minute lessons and in that time students do several activities. Some are computer based activities, but most use our unique Kip McGrath written curriculum resources. Each student follows their own personal lesson plan, developed by a qualified teacher, to address the concerns identified in the assessment.
- Classes HOW KUMON WORKS AT THE EASTLEIGH STUDY CENTRE I offer both Kumon English and Kumon maths at Eastleigh. The vast majority of children at Eastleigh study both programmes given that maths and English impact every other subject at school.
My teaching method is picking apart the key aspects of a mark scheme/essay structure and identifying what the strengths and weaknesses of the student are. The key to my method is not just writing to a mark scheme, but also developing skills and a vocabulary suitable to make a great writer of any student.
Hello! I am a fully qualified teacher providing tutoring services for a range of subjects and ages. I am a patient, dedicated and ambitious practitioner that loves helping people surprise themselves with their abilities! - Which subject(s) do you teach? Having trained as a Primary Teacher working mainly in Junior schools, I tutor in KS2 Literacy and Numeracy.
- Classes We offer specialist small group tuition in Maths, English and exam coaching for SATS, 11+ and GCSE. Our class sizes are maximum 5 in any session with all children being individually planned for each week. English and Maths tuition is available from age 5 upwards.
My lessons are student-centered and aimed to meet their learning needs. Lessons are supported with past papers and extra materials, aimed to cover all the areas students may need to practice on and/or revise. My methodology adapts according to each student's school syllabus and curriculum to prepare them the best way possible for their subject.
I offer hour-long lessons which can either be directed by the student, where you bring me what you are struggling with and we tackle these issues head on together, or you can tell me what you are studying and I can look into your syllabus and prepare structured lessons around this to best prepare you for examination.
My teaching method is a controlled and organised approach to texts, focusing on verbal discussion and extraction of information, followed by precise short write-ups and summaries of texts. This will be followed by longer essay-style questions and mock examinations which will be marked in line with the mark-scheme and feedback will be distributed.
Thousands of tutors can teach you English,
find private lessons close to Winchester.
Pick your own coach to help you learn english. Superprof will help you to find the most relevant tutor: we put together all the teachers skilled in english in Winchester and close by.
Whether at home or in a classroom, take advantage of the close supervision in Winchester by an experienced tutor. Improve your grades or your performance, refine your accent, work better and more efficiently with someone guiding you.