- Classes - Our classes are 2 hours per subject. - Group sessions (max. 4 students per class) We follow the school curriculum, by covering the content required to sit the exams at the end of the academic year. However, in our years of experience, we have developed a bespoke teaching style to meet our students' needs.
I believe each child is an individual and tailor my teaching to their needs according to the national curriculum objectives. Children best respond to positive encouragement and giving them the personal attention they need can give them the confidence to excel.
I prefer the Socratic method of learning, where language and literature is questioned and debated. It is through discussion that ideas and thoughts emerge.
Hey! I'm a recent graduate from King's College, University of Cambridge. I'm an experienced Oxbridge tutor that can tutor in most humanities subjects (plus First-Order Logic and Truth-functional logic) but my focus tends to be on English and Oxbridge Interview practice in Politics/Sociology/English/Philosophy. I've tutored privately and at private colleges in London and Cambridge.
I am an 11+ tutor specialising in English, Maths, Verbal and Non Verbal preparation for year 3, 4 & 5 pupils. My lessons are fun & engaging where students want to come back for more teaching. I am easily approachable and give advise on the various grammar schools in England.
My teaching method consists of one-to-one sessions with students regarding texts to help form and develop different ideas and understandings. This has proven to be the most successful method for GCSE/ A-Level students. Method teachings can adapt to the preference of the student, whether it is through visual aids or writing practice to ensure the best outcome.
My teaching method is informal but formative. I find flash cards a good way to revise but also working through questions and exam style essays together to see how the answers are built.
Although most tutors are bland and tend to follow a script, I prefer to adapt to the child's specific needs, using videos, printing challenging worksheets and heeding to the child's own preferences. Efficient and organised, I make my lessons fun and engaging.
I base my classes on personal goals and targets set by the individual during the first session. I prefer to create set lesson plans to show a clear idea on what the student will achieve at the end of the tutoring sessions.
As no two students are the same, there cannot be a particular teaching methodology for all pupils. I prefer to perceive the individual's preferred way of learning and then tailor my knowledge to that, whether it be visual, auditory or kinaesthetic.
I am in year 10 currently at a grammar school studying for my upcoming GCSEs. I took the 11+ exam roughly 4 years ago. The most important thing is to practise and that’s why past papers are a great way to prepare.
Having worked in the City of London for 7 years, I have now transitioned to working as a full-time academic tutor and freelancer, specialising in English language and literature, and French and Russian as foreign languages (oral and written) across all ages and levels of ability.
I tutor for 9-15 year olds GCSE and IGCSE English language (OCR, AQA and Edexcel). Revolving my methods around your experience and knowledge of this vast language: I will build on your skills, teach you techniques and push your limits so you can attain the results equivalent to your potential.
11+ Specialist tutor in Verbal and Non-verbal reasoning. Teaching is practical and innovative. Established Non-verbal reasoning author. I offer an individual service, small group sessions and run free workshops for parents. - Which subject(s) do you teach? 11+ Verbal and Non-verbal reasoning in English and Maths - Tell me about your qualifications.
- Classes The First Class Learning, Langley branch is based on the School Curriculum. It is designed to suit individual needs and also improves confidence and encourages enjoyment in learning. Also it helps children to become independent learners. We encourage the use of games as one of the activities in the centre. - Ages and Levels Covered We cater for children from ages 5 to 14.
- Classes Wide range of subjects offered at SATs, GCSE and A- Level. Offering GCSE ICT, Science and Mathematics all levels and syllabuses. Year 6/7 &8/ 9 SATs and Science Support. Intense support and tuition provided for Maths, Science, Computing and ICT.
My method of teaching is as varied as the individual who wishes to be tutored. There are several intelligences and once I can establish your favoured way of learning will style your lessons accordingly. This will be a mix of auditory, visual, mathematical, spatial or body-kinaesthetic or even musical. Hi Welcome to my page on The Tutor Pages.
I am an enthusiastic and passionate teacher with a strong background of teaching in key stages 1 and 2. I have experience working with children with learning difficulties and children who need extra support. I am looking to share my love of teaching by supporting children's learning.
- Classes Classes are run in small groups of approximately five students to allow for contribution of students and for independent attention. 11+ classes - available focusing on reading, comprehension, cloze, shuffled sentences, verbal reasoning,antonyms and synonyms. There are 6 weekly tests with a report and to set new goals.
I am specialised English Teacher, with 18 years teaching experience. I work in a mainstream school; as well as coach other trainee teachers for GCSE and A level teaching. - Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach English language & literature, French, 11 plus, and 13 plus entrance exams. - Tell me about your qualifications. I have a degree in English.
I am a university graduate about to start my Masters in International Relations. As well as my main subject of Politics, I am a tutor of English, History, French and Spanish. I have an infectious passion for these subjects and my experience has made me an engaging and patient tutor.
Hello there and thank you for visiting my profile. I specialise in teaching school English to pupils studying KS1 and KS2, however I do have access to the national curriculum for Secondary School lessons.
I give lessons from Key Stage 1 all the way up to GCSE (ages 4-16), helping with basic reading and writing, SATs prep, 11+ English Prep, and GCSE English. I have sat the new curriculum GCSE so am very familiar with its format. (I did AQA exam board 2017) Being a student myself, me and my peers have perfected methods which help us achieve our greatest marks.
PRIMARY LITERACY LESSONS I can help your child learn to read and write! I offer help with phonics, spelling, grammar and general literacy. My lessons are interactive and fun, making use of multi-sensory activities. I believe that motivation is important to effective learning, and use a system of rewards to help your child succeed.
- Classes First Class Learning (FCL) is a leading after-school maths and English programme aimed at the National Curriculum. It has been developed by a British team of educationalists specifically to support the National Curriculum in England, Wales and Northern Ireland (and the Scottish equivalent) and is supported by the Dyspraxia Foundation.
- Classes The unique 11 Plus Courses in Amersham, Beaconsfield, Gerrards Cross and Stoke Poges are structured to give children the confidence they need to sit and pass exams, in a friendly, stress-free environment. Courses focus on three essential areas – verbal, non-verbal and numerical reasoning. - Ages and Levels Covered 11 Plus Tuition Courses for Year 4 and 5 pupils.
Fun learning, mini assessments, repetitive learning. Talk for Writing strategies.
My name is Shamim Michael Gammage. I am 25 and a graduate of Trinity College, Dublin. I am currently reading for an MSc in Economic & Social History at Balliol College, Oxford. - Which subject(s) do you teach? I specialise in teaching History from Key Stage 3 through to degree level. I also teach a selection of other A-level courses and give lessons on essay writing and examination technique.
I am a student who has a great deal of experience in tutoring up to GCSE level. The lesson plan will typically be tailored to age. For example, below GCSE level it is important to develop a child's confidence in using a more extensive vocabulary, advanced punctuation and how to better structure sentences for instance, complex, subjunctive etc.
I am an encouraging,experienced and passionate teacher.I offer tutoring in a range of subjects up to GCSE and specialise in English ,Biology and Geography at A level. I believe every student is unique and I adapt my teaching style depending on the needs of my student. The confidence you can equip your child with by providing that additional one to one support will go a long way.
Thousands of tutors can teach you English,
find private lessons close to Slough.
Pick your own coach to help you learn english. Superprof will help you to find the most relevant tutor: we put together all the teachers skilled in english in Slough and close by.
Whether at home or in a classroom, take advantage of the close supervision in Slough by an experienced tutor. Improve your grades or your performance, refine your accent, work better and more efficiently with someone guiding you.