I’m really enthusiastic about technology and have decided to pursue a degree and a career within Computer Science for that reason. This also makes me enthusiastic about the flexibility and teaching possibilities within online education. As such, I would like to tutor others online, using online tools and webcam to provide an immersive experience without physical presence.
My teaching method is to focus on true understanding of concepts rather than rote memorisation, so will introduce new topics and guide students through a few examples, getting them to talk through each step and eventually to explain the concept to me themselves.
My approach to teaching is determined by the student(s), as opposed to the one size fits all philosophy. I believe maths can be fun even to the uninterested. While not everyone will go on to be a maths professor, I believe everyone can with the right mindset and guidance.
My teaching method is specific to the preference of the individual I am dealing with, I understand that everyone is unique and I am willing to adapt to the different individuals.
My main approach to teaching is through worked problems. I set some reading and a series of questions. In tutorials, I ask you to recall as best you can the definitions and ideas from the reading. Then I guide you through the solutions to the problems, discussing alternative approaches and explaining steps you have found difficult.
I believe that interest and dedication is all you need to be good at maths. Therefore, my main focus would be to make sure the student has fully understood every important concept in each topic. Additionally, I would recommend interesting and useful videos or webpages to them.
Totally up to you! Tell me your learning preference and I’ll try my best to tailor it to your liking.
My most successful students have found my concept-based approach helpful. Often, the most challenging areas of GCSE/A-Level courses require a more descriptive and intuitive approach, rather than brute text-book learning. I plan lessons around class work my students are undertaking, to best compliment their learning.
I am a private tutor specialising in online tuition via skype in mathematics and the physical sciences. I am willing to provide ongoing tuition or one-off tailored revision sessions, depending on the needs of the students. - Which subject(s) do you teach? Mathematics and physics, from primary school up to A-level, plus university-level Physics. - Tell me about your qualifications.
In my studies at school I have gained a good understanding of the types of lessons that pupils find engaging and productive, which I aim to give. My typical lesson would comprise of a short introduction to the topic followed by exploring several worked examples until a complete understanding of the topic has been reached.
I like to teach by understanding rather than by rote. If a student thoroughly understands a concept they are much likelier to remember it, and be able to deal with complicated/unorthodox problems. However this isn't an excuse not to practice. I typically go through some example problems with the student, and then see how the student fares in their own time.
What's my tutoring approach? This depends on what is troubling you. -(Knowledge) If there are gaps in your knowledge, then we can review whole topics thoroughly. If there's a concept that you don't understand, then we'll strip it down to the exact mechanism that's causing you the headache and together, we'll think of an analogy to help you get your head around it.
1. I explain the fundamental concepts and theories using solved examples 2. I choose carefully approriate problems and questions matching the students level 3. The student has to solve TEST and Problems with or without my help 4. I summarize the learning contents and give material and test material 5.
I always found it easier to learn things when I had the bigger picture of things. I try to explain why we are doing things and motivate my students to learn for themselves. I am very question-based and try to lead the student to the answer instead of just stating the answer. My session usually run in three parts.
I am a patient listener and I first aim to understand my student's reasoning when tackling a problem. I like to guide them in the right direction by asking questions that help them draw the link between the problem and the techniques they already understand. Where there are multiple ways to solve the same problem I like to guide them to explore these as everyone has a different way of learning.
I think it is very important to make sure that student deeply understands the topic and can apply it to different situations.
- Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach the following subjects with the levels braketed afterwards: Maths (GCSE/GCE A-levels/AEA/STEP), Further Maths (GCSE/GCE A-levels), Physics (GCSE/GCE A-levels/AEA), Economics (GCSE/GCE A-levels/AEA), For your information, AEA means Advanced Extension Award while STEP means Sixth Term Examination Papers. - Tell me about your qualifications.
I have 23 years experience teaching science and maths at GCSE and A-level and currently work as Head of Department in an independent school. - Which subject(s) do you teach? Maths, Chemistry, Biology and Physics at GCSE, IB and A-level. - Tell me about your qualifications.
I am a patient person who tries, where possible, to guide my tutees through a topic without doing everything for them. From my experience this active process allows a student to come to their own conclusions, better reinforcing the information in their mind than just a passive, watching exercise.
- Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach GCSE level Maths, Physics and Chemistry and A Level Maths, Further Maths and Physics. - Tell me about your qualifications. I am currently studying Physics at the University of Manchester. I have 9 A*s and 3 As at GCSE and 4 As at A Level in Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Physics. - How much do you charge? I charge £12 per hour.
* Systematic and methodical. * Tailor tutoring to the students' requirement. * Provide extra and comprehensive knowledge on topics. * Inspiring student with high-quality teaching. * Encourage the student to go the extra mile. * Ensure that student's interest is ignited and their educational experience is truly inspiring.
I teach maths, physics, and computer science, to secondary school students (e.g. studying for GCSEs) and A-level students. I focus my lessons on developing a thorough understanding of a topic, rather than memorising facts or formulae. Lessons usually begin with reviewing the homework set from the previous lesson, addressing any questions and concerns.
Fully Qualified Teacher of Mathematics with over 17 years of experience with proven record of outstanding results. - Which subject(s) do you teach? Maths, Additional Maths, Further Maths Mathematics - KS3, KS4,KS5 GCSE, IGCSE, A Level Maths, Further Maths - Tell me about your qualifications. Ba Honours in Mathematics & General Education, Pgce in Mathematics from University of Cambridge.
- Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach mathematics (KS3,KS4 ,GCSE ( OCR , edxcel ,AQA , International ),A/AS-level ( OCR, Edexcel, AQA )and university level year 1 - Tell me about your qualifications. Teaching Certificate Bachelor Degree in Mathematics & Physics - How much do you charge? Please see above. If you have any questions to ask please don't hesitate to contact me.
I offer lessons in A-level Maths, Further Maths, Physics and, if you want, History, and anything on that list for GCSE. I give lessons to anybody I can access within 45 minutes drive, so long as it doesn't cost too much petrol.
Thousands of tutors can teach you Further Maths,
find private lessons close to Cambridge.
Pick your own coach to help you learn further maths. Superprof will help you to find the most relevant tutor: we put together all the teachers skilled in further maths in Cambridge and close by.
Whether at home or in a classroom, take advantage of the close supervision in Cambridge by an experienced tutor. Improve your grades or your performance, refine your accent, work better and more efficiently with someone guiding you.