I am a Master's student at UCL who has recently graduated with a History BA from the University of Oxford. I am fluent in English and Spanish, and I can offer History lessons in both languages. I am able to offer lessons to students of all ages and I prefer using a patient but rigorous approach, which aims to engage students with the subject matter in an interesting and informative way. Instead of simply reading through textbooks, I prefer a more active approach of teaching history, including through debate.
I have experience in working with students of various ages, at a primary, secondary and university level. I also have experience in working with students from a variety of different cultures, including Japanese high school and university students whom I helped during a summer programme last year.
Luis Antonio Streeter
2 Old Abbey Lane
Well-rounded and highly literate postgraduate eager to learn and develop more experience in working in highly competitive environments. Willing and capable of working within a team and with significant experience of different languages and cultures, as well as being bilingual in English and Spanish.
2014-2017: University of Oxford (Hertford College)
BA in History
• Graduated with a 2:1, achieving an average of 66%
• Completed an independently researched 12,000-word thesis.
2010-2014: Charterhouse School
IGCSE: 6A*s, 2As, 1 B
International Baccalaureate: 42 points out of 45
• Achieved 7s in History HL, Economics HL and Spanish HL with 6s in English SL, Maths SL and Physics SL as well as 3 points out of 3 for Theory of Knowledge and the Extended Essay
• Achieved the highest IB score at Charterhouse that year
• Won the Sutton Prize for Academic Achievement
Pre-2010: Attended schools in Turkey, China, London and Mexico
September 2012-March 2013: Volunteered at Busbridge Junior School in Godalming
• Helped to organize an afterschool history club for children at the school
• Effectively communicated complex ideas in a concise and clear manner
• Co-operated in an effective manner with colleagues and teachers
• Learnt how to plan and improvise stimulating activities
August 2016-September 2016: Residential Advisor at Hertford College
• Helped to welcome and integrate international students who were enrolled in summer courses, which included organising a range of activities
• Demonstrated an ability to work effectively with my peers and members of staff, often under time pressure
• Gained experience in managing time wisely and organizing tasks efficiently
Experience with Microsoft Office.
Experience in working with a team in different environments.
Ability to work effectively on independent projects.
Native in English and Spanish, intermediate in Chinese, basic Turkish.
References available on request.
history lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest general knowledge lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, current affairs lessons for all!
Taking geographical history lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|