I am an experienced teacher (15+ years) with a background in fine arts , reading and writing. I am also a certified Microsoft Office specialist. I have taught in schools and community centers both children and adults.
In lessons I have taught, students worked to improve or achieve: their art creations, reading abilities, basic writing skills and utilizing Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
We begin by considering what you know now /what you can do currently. We discuss your goals and explore ways for you to accomplish these. Then, I share strategies, you put one or more ideas into practice and we meet again either on-line or in person.
I have been giving lessons off and on since 1985 in Chicago and Cincinnati areas. These included one-one private lessons and small groups (6-10) Art Camp for six summers. I have taught in two elementary schools and two high schools for one year each students grades Kindergarten through 9th grade. I moved to Columbus in 2016 to accept a full time teaching position in a Charter School and was laid off October 2017. Teaching is my passion which is why I plan on continuing to teach through Superprof.
Terry Pauline Columbus, Ohio
Resourceful with 15+ years’ experience teaching in community centers and schools. Pro-active and successful at instructing people of various backgrounds, skill levels and attitudes towards learning.
Education & Certification
03/2016 Microsoft Office 2013 Specialist, New Horizons Computer Learning Center
01/2008 Marketing & Advertising, Cincinnati State Technical and Community College
06/2002 Master of Arts: Art Education, University of Cincinnati
06/2002 Teaching Certification: Visual Arts K-12, University of Cincinnati
08/1980 Bachelor of Fine Arts: Fiber and Fabric Arts, Northern Illinois University
08/2016 – 10/16/2017, ELEMENTARY-MIDDLE SCHOOL ART TEACHER
Zenith Academy East, Columbus, Ohio; Highly-qualified teacher:
St. Bernadette Elementary School, Amelia, Ohio (10/2000 – 06/2001)
Taught art education to students in grades levels K-9th
• Achieving: Developed art program in a small room, no sink by inventing ways to supply water and hang artworks while ensuring quality instruction progressed
• Built trust: Increased middle school passing level 70% by being consistent, fair and adjusting my directions and goals where needed while presenting challenging curriculum
• Negotiator: Empowered students to resolve conflict through collaboration resulting an elaborate banner and abated tension
• Parent facilitator: Increased parent teacher conference attendance 20% by simultaneous orchestrating a school-wide art display
01/1997 – 06/2016, PRIMARY AND SECONDARY SCHOOL SUBSTITUTE TEACHER
The Greater Cincinnati Substitute Solutions
Woodward High School, long-term substitute position (1999-2000)
On-call employment to teach all K-12 grade levels, all subject matter for multiple school districts.
• Mastered and taught complex math and language terms… student, “I finally understand how to do this.”
• Preferred substitute at Forest Hills and offered position prior to licensure due to reliability and expertise.
• Recognized by Woodward High School Assistant Principal for, “exhibiting rapport and success with multi-cultural, special needs and at-risk students under challenging adverse conditions.”
08/2001 – 01/2002, STUDENT TEACHER, PRIMARY AND SECONDARY
Brantner Elementary School and Amelia Middle School, West Clermont School District
08/2002 -01/2004, HIGH SCHOOL ART TEACHER
Harmony Community School; Cincinnati, Ohio (2004)
Winton Woods High School; Forest Park, Ohio (2002-2003)
Used rubrics and portfolios to document and assess student’s growth and talents.
• Overcame challenges inherent with filling a mid-year vacancy, achieved 97% assignment completion
• Responsible for multiple communications with parents, over 300 calls/letters in 9 months
• Structured whole group, small group and individual instruction to successfully teach classes of 33 talkative students
Terry Pauline Columbus, Ohio
01/1985 - 06/2013, COMMUNITY CENTER TEACHER / GROUP SPECIALIST / PROGRAM DIRECTOR
Turpin High School Costumes Designer / Sewing Teacher (2010-2013)
Clermont Senior Services; Batavia, Ohio (2004)
Art Camp Children’s Summer Program (1998-2003)
Gads Hill Community Center; Chicago, Illinois; (1985-1990)
Taught art education (drawing, fibers, sculpture) to children and adults in community centers and art academies
• Designed and marketed Art series, expanded from two to twelve classes, 70% revenue growth 3 years
• Boosted annual grant award $25,000 by initiating art shows, art sales and photographing student endeavors providing Gads Hill with effective persuasion to obtain monies
• Ascended quickly (5 years) from teaching one to twenty classes /events at Gads Hill, a center serving 1,500 per week in a high-crime, low-income, neighborhood
• Delivered 75% increase in activity participation in 4 months and fostered growth of new demographic by developing and adding 25 new activities (speakers, classes, trips) which targeted to client interests.
04/2013-11/2014 ASSISTANT-ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES/HOUSEKEEPER
The Christ Hospital, Cincinnati Ohio
Upheld infection control policies while cleaning patient rooms and hospital procedure areas.
Removed garbage, hazardous wastes, dirty linen and sanitized, mopped floors, made beds.
01/2004 – 06/2007, FREELANCE ORGANIZER: HOMES & BUSINESSES
All Things Organized, LLC; Cincinnati, Ohio
Provided organizing, bookkeeping, and moving services to home and business owners. Consultations and lectures
• Assessed and organized sixty-two interiors, generated $17,000 first year, 80% repeat and referral
• Identified $14,000 deductions for three businesses by researching and applying IRS laws to expenditures
• Quickly (3 months) researched, photographed and sold 151 items on eBay, $1562 profit, 100% customer satisfaction
01/2007 – 10/2012, QUALITY CONTROL AUDITOR / ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT / OFFICE MANAGER
Lee Personnel, Inc., assigned to City of Cincinnati, Retirement Department; Ohio (11/2010 – 10/2012)
Analyzed and verified supporting documents of new applications to database of 40,000 City of Cincinnati employees. Scanned and indexed documents.
• Made 20,000+ information and category corrections, identified 20+ ineligible enrolled dependent(s)
• Self-taught expert on $2000 scanner improving data readability, trained two employees in methods
• Composed an 85-page departmental booklet to achieve standardized document placement and retrieval
Chemical Systems International, Inc., Cincinnati, Ohio (01/2007 – 10/2009)
Managed office operations; communications, sales and product delivery; 5-20 orders daily. Organized/filed documents generated by deceased scientist and his six companies: Patents, Formulas, Research, Clinical Studies, etc.
• Cut shipping prep time 80%, costs 10% by shipping on-line to expedite process and capitalize on reduced prices
• Improved document security and retrieval by grouping, reducing quantity and digitally recording contents’ location
• Liquidated assets effectively after bankruptcy (supplies, lab equipment) saved $36,000 EPA ‘as is’ clean-up estimate
reading lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest literacy lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, french language and literature lessons for all!
Taking classics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|