My teaching method is to help by looking to approach and solve the question in many different ways and using lots of practice questions! No matter how hard you find maths, with the right guidance you can achieve the grade you want to!
I am a mathematician currently awaiting on starting a teaching job in dubai with a strong passion to help individuals understand the beauty of mathematics and the importance of understanding the STEM subject. Achieved a 2:1 honours at University Level.
As a highly motivated BSc (Hons) Mathematics graduate, my goal is to work within a company where I am able to be a compassionate, enthusiastic, lively and intelligent individual that is able to utilise the skills and experiences I have gained and integrate them within teaching.
Education and Achievements
2015- 2018 BSc (Hons) Mathematics, Coventry University (University of the Year)
2013- 2015 3 A Levels- Mathematics, Chemistry and Biology
2008-2013 10 GCSEs: A-B Including Mathematics and English Language
● Programming: Computer Literate with skills using Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and software packages such as MATLAB, Python, Latex, Minitab and R Studio
● Problem Solving: Using the skills and knowledge acquired from lectures and applying them to the exam (analyzing challenging mathematical problems and finding creative solutions under the pressure of an exam).
● Statistical Analysis: Obtained from 3 statistical modules: Statistics, Linear Statistical Models and Advanced Topics in Statistics, which stipulated a desire to understand and interpret statistical techniques, therefore undertake a dissertation requiring advanced topics in statistics.
● My final dissertation project involves the use of statistical and econometric models used by health economists to model health care costs. These methods are used for projection, prediction and forecasting in context of health resource allocation. The main element focuses on how statistical models such as linear and generalised linear models will be applied to explore the relationship between health care costs and socioeconomic variables. This ignited my interest to apply the inquisitive problem solving mindset I have gained during my undergraduate degree.
Client Centered Work Experience
September 2017- May 2018 Dean's Office Assignment, Coventry University
● Communication - Required when working on different assignments with different members of the Engineering Faculty. For example, I was handed a project from the Dean where I had to hand out a data protection sheet to every member of staff of the faculty and ensure the information was delivered efficiently and communicated well.
● Time Management - Making sure tasks are completed efficiently and effectively within the time restriction to ensure I have maximised the results I can achieve on the collaboration which will provide determination to give a high performance on other tasks, also certifying a task with high priority being handled urgently.
● Organisation: Organising Files and Paperwork in an ordered and timely fashion while prioritising different assignments in accordance to which one should be completed first.
September 2016- May 2018 University Ambassador, Coventry University
I act as a representative of my University. I meet with leaders within the organization and meet and greet prospective students and their parents. Key responsibilities include:
● Communication - liaising closely with students, parents and lectures presenting university tours, course talks and answering general university questions and any queries they may have, therefore requiring excellent oral and communication skills. I believe positive influence is extremely important and by influencing prospective students positively and establishing confident relationships, I am able to make an impact that matters.
● Teamwork - working with other University ambassadors to co-ordinate shifts and open days to ensure they run to plan and we are moving towards a strategic direction together. Being on hand to assist lectures when they need support is crucial too. As I have been the only Mathematics ambassador in my third year supporting open days, it was an important responsibility to manage my time efficiently in order to ensure enough support is being provided to the lecturers and everything is running smoothly, to ensure the objectives that are the top priority for that particular day are being met.
● Organisation: As an ambassador, I act as a role model embracing and recognizing the purpose and values of my institution and displaying the impact and difference it has made to us and our opportunities as an individual. I am required to ensure everything runs smoothly such as open days and other external University events. It’s a top priority to plan ahead and adapt easily to different areas of work on these big events.
September 2017- October 2017 Customer Service Representative, Hertz Car and Van and Rental Hire
● Programming Skills: I was required to effectively operate TAS system software to complete all rentals, re-rents, reservations and quotations in accordance with Hertz procedures and policies.
● Teamwork: Be able to assist in all areas of the branch as it was imperative to organise staff. For example, ensuring the drivers were at the right deliveries and right collections at the right time in order for the next booking to run smoothly, which required critical thinking and judgment to analyse the complex solution and deliver an optimum solution. Driving a high performance to deliver exceptional client service to maximize results was extremely important.
Achievements & Volunteering
● Volunteering - General Secretary for the Pakistani Society at Coventry University
● Ambassador – Elected as a Mathematics course representative in first and second year. This was a position that helped ensure me and my course mates were able to get the most help and guidance as
possible from our lecturers and other faculty members.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£15||£15|