I am an enthusiastic and passionate individual who loves learning and reading. Throughout my studies I have been aided by several personal tutors and would not have made it this far without their support and teaching. Therefore I would very much like to take the opportunity to take what I have learned and give back that support to others, so they may then achieve their goals.
I typically go through the students module content providing in depth solutions to the problems and thus preparing them for the problems which as most likely to appear on their examinations.
I have been teaching a month now and am truly enjoying being apart of my students lives, being happy when they succeed because it is also my success and would be truly disappointed if they failed.
therefore I try my hardest to teach them everything that I think could be required.
Address: 6/4 Moray Park Terrace, Edinburgh, EH7 5TN
Mobile: (concealed information)2
Email: (concealed information)
Personal StatementI am looking for a position where I can use the skills and knowledge I have worked hard to develop, while gaining new skills in an environment I can thrive in. I am available for work immediately and willing to commute for up to an hour for the right position. I have shown myself to be self-motivated, committed and determined in achieving my goals throughout my last 7 years in education and am now ready to apply myself within a worthwhile company.
• Accustomed to working in a group for academic projects
• Able to clearly explain new ideas
• Have experience confidently presenting findings on a number of mathematical and physics projects to different audiences.
• Achieved consistently good grades on academic assignments above 60% as evidence of my written skills
• Used to being patient and clear when teaching both while at my martial arts practice and through private tuition.
• Able to deal with difficult problems calmly and effectively even when under pressure, as was necessary throughout my degree.
• Able to look at a problems and break them down into their key components. Then able to quickly evaluate several possible solutions and come to the best solution
• Proficient using a number of Microsoft office applications including word, excel and power point
• Consistently used python coding language on a number of assignments as well as using some other language programs on occasion
• Diligent systematic approach and comfortable using most physics laboratory and observation equipment
• Spent 4 years training in martial arts with a teacher and now regularly train on my own
• Often had to self motivate myself while under pressure in order to hit deadlines and thus achieved high marks for my efforts
• Own a full clean driving licence and own transport
• Able to work quickly and efficiently whilst meeting high standards of presentation and attention to detail.
2016 December – present, Private Tutor
• Successfully taught higher maths
• Organised timetables to beat exam deadlines
• Paid attention on details
• Being on-time
2010 Grundy Agricultural, Assistant Mechanic - part time over a period of 6 months
• Prepared several tractors and implements for Presentation and sale
• Worked on servicing and repairing many lawn mowers
• Assisted with servicing on a wide range of agricultural machines
• Assisted with the splitting of large tractors, then observed the replacing and timing parts within the centre of them.
2008 Tesco PLC, Customer Assistant - 1 week
• Greeted customers who entered the shop.
• Assisted shoppers with their quires.
• Stocked shelves with merchandise and rotated stock as I was doing it
• Reported problems to the supervisor
• Effectively worked in a team to decrease workload and increase presentation.
• Gained Understanding of retail.
2013-2016 BSc. (Hons) in Mathematics AND Physics (2:1)
Keele University, United Kingdom
2011-2013 A-Level: Maths (B), Physics (C)
At Lincoln College
2009-2011 National Diploma in Agricultural, Engineering (Triple Distinction)
At Riseholme College
2008- 2011 GCSE: English (C)
At Lincoln College
2004-2009 GCSE: Maths, Physics, Biology, Graphics, Design, Religious Education (B-C)
At St’ Peter & St’ Paul Catholic High School
References available upon request
Ian is very passionate about Maths and Physics and has a lot of experience private tutoring. He achieved a 2:1 at university and has written a 4,000 word physics report regarding on his own experiment. He is a nice and friendly person.
He has good time-management and was organised with his learning goals while at uni.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, algebra lessons for all!
Taking trigonometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£15||£15|