I mostly teach science at a secondary school level (KS3, GCSE, A-level). Making my lessons interactive is something I strive for, because I know full well that you can't learn anything from being talked at. Using simple analogies also helps make science less alien to people!
I recently completed a master's degree in materials science at Cambridge, achieving a first! The next step for me is to begin training as a secondary school science teacher, specialising in physics. I am part of a voluntary science outreach organisation who go around the country teaching science to children (and sometimes even adults). For the past 4 years of my degree, I have also been tutoring KS3 physics, and A level chemistry and maths.
Starting September 2019
PGCE Secondary Physics, University of Cambridge
2015 to 2019
Fitzwilliam College, University of Cambridge
MSci Materials Science – 1st class
Armourers & Brasiers Improvers Prize (2019)
2013 – 2015
JFS (Sixth Form), Kenton, London
Biology - A*
Chemistry - A*
Mathematics – A*
Physics – A (AS-level only)
Previous Teaching Experience:
2019 - Private A level Chemistry and Maths Tutor, Cambridge (3 times a week, 5 months)
2018 - Teaching Assistant, Immanuel College, Bushey (1 week)
2018 and 2019 - Lab demonstrator at Headstart course, Department of Materials Science and Metallurgy, Cambridge
• Teaching university-level materials science to lower sixth form students in a teaching laboratory with various experiments.
2018 - Research project, Department of Materials Science and Metallurgy, Cambridge
• Project investigating how to increase effectiveness of learning and teaching using videos.
2017 to Present - Volunteering with Cambridge Hands-on Science
• Demonstrating various science topics at public and private events to children of a large age range (6-18). Have received some fantastic personal feedback from students.
2017 - KS3 Physics tutor (weekly, for 7 months)
• Was regularly told by the client that her children were enjoying the lessons and that they thought my teaching was “excellent.”
2014 to 2016 - Senior coach at a summer sports camp for children in Mill Hill (5 weeks in total)
• After volunteering in 2014, I was asked back in subsequent years on a paid basis.
• Institute of Physics teacher training scholarship (2019)
• IoM3 Lecture Competition, Cambridge Undergraduate Heat – 2nd Place (2019)
• Duke of Edinburgh Gold Award (2017)
• UKMT Maths Challenge
- Gold award 2014
- Best in year 2013
- Silver award 2013, 2012
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, chemistry lessons for all!
Taking other sciences lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£30||£30|