I am a PhD neuroscience student and have always had a thirst for knowlede. I now want to motivate other to strive for more and gaining a knowledge bug themselves. Using positive feedback for their achievements and indicating weaknesses and how to tackle them for skill development. I always create a positive teaching environment by thoroughly preparing and using different methods (visual, phonological and semantic) for gaining a better understanding of the material. I always check that the students have acquired the knowledge and reassure we are moving forward efficiently. I can teach students with learning difficulties.
We can negotiate prices according to students age and whether there are any learning difficulties.
Have teaching experience with undergraduate and younger students. Have supervised students for their thesis and have always had positive results. I have invigilated exams and completed courses on teaching in academia. I have helped children with learning difficulties and encouraged them to adapt efficient learning techniques.
University College London (UCL)
PhD Research, Institute of Neurology 2017-present
Research Title: The Effect of Individualised Dose-Controlled Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation.
University of Essex 2015-2016
MSc Cognitive Neuroscience,
Overall Grade: Distinction (76) and ‘The Robert Ferry Memorial Award’ for the highest grade in all MSc Specialist courses.
• Relevant modules: Fundamentals of Neuroscience and Neurospsychology, Methods in Cognitive Neuroscience, Numerical Methods of Cognitive Neuroscience
Dissertation Grade: Distinction (85)
Title and details: “The Effect of Theta Burst Stimulation on the Dorsolateral Prefrontal Cortex: A Fear Conditioning Study on Healthy Participants”.
• Using neuromodulatory TBS to stimulate the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex (DLPFC) of healthy participants to increase fear extinction after conditioning of aversive stimuli. Gaining insights of neuromodulation and plasticity of the DLPFC.
VU University of Amsterdam 2014-2015
Research Master, Cognitive Neuropsychology.
Relevant modules include: Medical Neuroanatomy, Programming, Advanced Neuroscience and Neurospsychology, Advanced Data Analysis
University of Nicosia 2011-2014
Bachelor of Science, Psychology, GPA: 3.2/4.0
Relevant modules include: Brain and Behaviour, Physiological Psychology, Practicum in Psychology
Project/dissertation title and details: “The effect of environmental stimuli on resting emotional states”.
• An isolation experiment on healthy volunteers to measure changes in emotional states. Grade: A
The Phillips English School: School Diploma (Apolytirion), Grade: 8/10 2009-2010
The Grammar School of Nicosia 1997-2009
NeuroImaging, Neurostimulation, Practical NeuroAnatomy and Programming:
Neuroscience Experience Provided by the University of Essex 2015-2016
• Offline Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), experienced user.
• Brain Vision Analyzer 2.0: Online Electromyography (EMG) data analysis.
• Brain Voyager: attended demonstration
• MATLAB (Experienced user): functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging (fMRI)- Data Analysis
Electroencephalography (EEG) - Data analysis
• E-prime Software: Data Collection & construction of behavioural experiments.
• Excel: Data collection and analysis
Neuroscience Experience Provided by the VU University 2014-2015
• Human Brain Dissections & Neuroanatomy, VU neuroanatomy lab.
• Demonstration of structural Magnetic Resonance Imaging, VU Medical Center (VUmc)
• Interaction with stroke patients for neurological examination at St. Luca Andreas Hospital.
• OpenSesame Experiment Builder: Proficient user
• Programming Python language: Proficient user
• MATLAB: fMRI and EEG data analysis
Assistant Trainee Neuropsychologist with Dr. Sotirios Douklias, Lecturer at University of Cyprus 2013- 2014
• Application of a 64 electrode Electroencephalogram (EEG)
• Cleaning data from noise, source localisation and analysis.
• Interacting with young patients who have learning difficulties (Autism, Dyslexia, ADD & ADHD).
Practical at Cyprus Neuroscience and Technology Institute 2013
• Assisted with database analysis for ongoing research and worked on creating neurological examinations for technological applications.
• Understanding of practical and technological side to research
• Gained experience on work collaboration in a department and sharing work on ongoing research.
Part-time Assistant Tutor in Private English Classes 2011-2012
• Gained teaching skills such as planning and time management
• Increased abilities to present and deliver messages in a clear and effective manner
Part-time at Monster Ambassador Team: Monster Energy Drinks Company 2011-2012
• Expanded on social and networking skills
• Understanding of promotional jobs and cooperation for event management
Event organiser and Public Relations for Mike Productions Company 2013-2014
• Increase organisational and methodological skills for creating events
• Expanded on social and networking skills
INTERESTS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
Co-Founder and Active Member of LGBT Youth Society of Cyprus (Non-political organisation) 2012-2013
• Active Discussion with Members
• Organised events in collaboration with ACCEPT Cyprus
President of Juggling & Slack-line Society, University of Nicosia 2011-2013
• Organised meetings & dealt with funding for equipment
Certificate, SILVA METHOD 2011
• Meditation course
Pan-Cyprian (national) Athletic competition 2003
• Awarded a national award in relay
Track and Field team representative for The Grammar School, 2003-2006
• 150 meters sprint, 1st Place (Nicosia Gymnasium Competition)
• 80 meters sprint, 2nd Place (High School Competition)
• Relay Team, 3rd Place (Cyprus National Competition)
Music: Acoustic/Electroacoustic Guitar, Cello.
Geology, History & Numismatics: Prospecting & Metal Detecting
Sailing: Attended yacht charter RYA; Coastal Skipper training lessons.
Juggling & Slacklining: use of multiple apparatus for physical exercise and leisure.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|