About the lesson
My name is Sam and I teach beginner students of all ages, if you have no experience at all with guitar or you have some experience and are looking to expand your technique and skill then you have come to the right person.
Here are some common questions I get asked...
1. What will our lessons be about?
-I will start off our lesson by finding about your musical background and what music you like listening to/ want to learn. Then you can let me know if there is a particular song you want to learn (I will learn it for you and then teach it), if you don't know what songs you want to learn thats ok we can figure that out together by knowing what you listen to.
-Alternately if you don't know how to play guitar at all and are a complete beginner I will teach you some basic theory, chords and scales to help you take your first step into becoming a great guitarist.
-My aim is to help you play along to all your favourite songs and sing along if you like singing!
2. When are you available?
-I am available for teaching Monday - Saturday from 9am - 9pm.
3. Tell me about your qualifications please?
I have a music degree in Jazz (Trumpet) Performance at Leeds College of Music graduating with a first class honours and 90/100 in my final recital.
Previously I studied Extended Music performance at both South and City college Birmingham and Stratford College studying guitar, trumpet, piano and bass.
4. Where do you teach?
-I can teach online via Skype, I can drive to your house or you could dive to mine for teaching. My rates differ slightly for face- face, you can see this below in the section labelled 'rates'.
- Acoustic Guitar
My name is Samuel Ward and I am a profesional freelance trumpet player and teacher based in Birmingham, West Midlands
1. How long have you been teaching and what experience do you have?
- I have been teaching Guitar since 2017.
- I have been performing and gigging professionally for over 7 years.
2. Where and with whom did you train?
- I had guitar tuition from Mick Stubbs who works for PMT.
- I have had music theory training and teaching from Anne Prior
- I have also over the last three years had training with trumpet players Mark Chandler and Steve Fishwick while studying at Leeds College of Music.