My teaching method is to get to know my student to see where they need more guidance and what topics they struggle with to ensure that by the end of the session, they feel more confident.
I am a part qualified accountant with a degree in Accounting and Finance. I chose this particular career path because Maths was my absolute favourite subject when i was in school/college. I'm passionate about helping students reach their full potential.
Please note that £14 p/hr is the basic rate for students at high school level. Please feel free to enquire with me so i can give you a specific rate for your individual level.
If you wish to cancel a session, please may I ask that you give me at least 24hrs notice.
I am a highly dedicated and a well organised individual. I enjoy discovering new ways of working which enables me to develop my skills and impact them on others. I keep well to time, enthusiastic and enjoy helping others to reach their full potential. I have good interpersonal skills, with an active and dynamic approach to my work.
Education & Qualifications
Part Qualified ACCA Accountant: All ACCA exams completed. Very close to completing all performance objectives before applying for membership.
Nottingham Business School,
Nottingham Trent University
2010-2013: BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance
Degree Obtained: 2.1
Notre Dame Catholic Sixth Form College
2008-2010(A levels) Applied Business (A) Sociology (B) Economics (B)
Carr Manor High School
10 A-C grades including Mathematics (A), English Language (A), English Literature (A)
March 2019 to date: Transunion Group, Leeds
Senior Financial Control Analyst
Jan 2018 to March 2019: Skills for Care. LS1 2RP
Duties as a Finance and Treasury assistant include:
• Supporting the Management / Project Accountants with all different project reporting and business planning
• Responsible for accurate analysis and reporting of variances of forecast against budget, actuals against budget to management accountant.
• Responsible for liaising with budget holders and/or budget keepers for comments and explanations on variances.
• Managing monthly income/expenditure forecasts from budget holders by reviewing for accuracy and completeness.
• Producing monthly financial management accounts for all budgets to agreed deadlines.
• Data analysis & interpretation: Managing the Time & Resources data dump, capturing costs by budget code and converting this into relevant and useful payroll/salaries information and posting the relevant journals.
• Internal recharge postings, Service Level Agreement calculations and journal postings between different entities.
• Posting Inter-company transaction between different entities.
• Maintain monthly journal logs and ensure approval by the management accountant and FD.
• Provide internal and external auditors with relevant information as requested
• Month end processes: Time & Resources, Accruals, Prepayments, reconciliations.
• Provide training and guidance to non-finance colleagues when required in regards to forecasts and how to understand the financial management reports and other processes as necessary
• Providing other support duties such as maintaining the finance unit intranet.
April 2017 to Jan 2018: Volans, Leach & Schofield Chartered Accountants. LS2 9HX
Duties as an accounts assistant include:
• Statutory accounts preparation
• Independent assurance examinations
• Payroll/wages processing
• Ensuring clients tax codes are up to date as per HMRC
• Assisting with VAT return preparations
• Posting journals
• Accruals and prepayments
May 2015-April 2017: Nova Accounting Ltd, LS14 1AB
Duties as an accounts assistant include:
• Preparing and submitting tax returns for self-employed individuals and limited company directors.
• Managing Personal Service Companies (PSC’s) by ensuring that tax codes issued by HMRC are correct
• Reviewing current HMRC legislations with regards to expense claims whilst managing client expectations.
• Other roles include directly liasing with HMRC on clients’ behalf and responding to tax queries that clients may have.
Aug 2014- Nov 2014: Larking Gowen Chartered Accountants, NR3 1RB
Duties as a trainee accountant include:
• Assisting with audits by performing system walkthroughs, sales, purchases, wages & salaries, fixed assets audits.
• Other duties include preparing P&L accounts and balance sheets.
Skills and Interests
• Leadership: Store supervisor.
• Enthusiasm, drive and self-motivation: Anthony Nolan fundraising.
• Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple tasks
• Competent on Excel. Skills level: Intermediate – advanced
• Can work methodically and with attention to accuracy and detail
• Ability to work effectively within a team environment and contributing to the achievement of team objectives.
• Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
• First aid: Trained to use resuscitation techniques.
• I can work with computer packages such as Sage 50 Accounts, Sage Payroll, BTC, Caseware, and the Microsoft Office package including Excel (advanced).
• Setting up a fundraising activity for the Anthony Nolan charity
• Leeds Film Academy
Titi tutored my nephew for his gcse maths, he passed with flying colours. She was polite, well spoken and patient with him, he enjoyed her tutoring so much it was the highlight of his week. Always punctual and never let us down. I would recommend Titi as highly as I could she was a fantastic tutor and a wonderful person.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£14||£18||Not available|
|5 hours||£65||£85||Not available|
|10 hours||£130||£170||Not available|