My teaching methods require a lot of discussion. Before any writing occurs, I like to ensure the student clearly knows what the aim of the problem is. As we go along problems, I ask students why they are about to make their next step and how they intend to use different techniques. I use a variety of colours, humour and clear communication to effectively deliver lessons.
I am currently on a Mechanical Engineering PhD at UCL, with a research masters in Physics (UCL) and an undergraduate in Engineering (Warwick). I have been teaching a variety of different subjects, including Japanese to English, and Python for 1.5 years now.
Travel will only be accounted for if distance is far.
09/2020 - 2024 UCL
Doctor of Philosophy, Mechanical Engineering.
Part Time PhD: Medical Engineering Application, Women’s Health.
2018- 2019 UCL
Master of Research, Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering.
Project: Modelling neural electrode charge injection in vitro.
2015- 2018 University of Warwick
Bachelor of Engineering, Systems Engineering.
Project: Personalised simulation technologies for optimising the mechanical ventilation of critically ill patients.
2008-2015 Westminster City School, Accelerated Student.
A2 Levels: AAAB (Maths, Further Maths, Economics & Physics)
GCSEs: 11 A*-B incl. A* in Mathematics and A’s in English Literature and Language.
Experience: Engineering, Finance and Education.
02/2020 – 04/2020 Operations Analyst (Self Employed), Koru Kids, Hoxton, London.
- Used the company software to efficiently analyse large sets of family and nanny data.
- Required to match individual families and nannies according to needs and requirements.
- Cleaned and managed the information, entering data and investigated profile data of all stakeholders.
- Used Excel to formulate sheets representing the relevant data for: London Hospital Director’s of Workforces, London’s Councils and London primary and pre-schools.
- Supported other teams, such as marketing and also liaised with all of our nannies to streamline training.
The team has currently closed down due to the COVID outbreak.
12/2019 – 01/2020 Finance Officer, EGA Institute for Women’s Health, UCL, London.
- EGA Institute for Women's Health.
- Using Excel (PIVOT) to analyse data of current projects and completing tasks assigned by the manager.
- Investigating trends of current granting research bodies, such as research councils & charities.
- Preparing predictions for upcoming months of work and assisted with data entry.
12/2019 Biomaterials Research, World Biomaterials Congress, Glasgow.
- During MRes, I developed an electrode- electrolyte interface to interchangeably control charge injection in vitro.
- This circuit has been included and published in Dr. Henry Lancashire's (of UCL) further work.
04/2019 Behavioural Economics, UCLA, Los Angeles, USA.
- For the Easter holiday, I visited the UCLA Behavioural Decision Making Dept.
- Attended PhD seminars on Field Research in Organisations and Management.
- Discussed (behavioural economics) research with leading academics.
- Attended lecture series hosted by the Fielding School of Public Health.
01/2019 – Present Japanese to English & Python Private Tutor, Hello England, West London.
- Teaching English and Python coding to the children of Japanese expats. Ages range from 4-16.
- Preparing weekly (physical, and now online) lesson materials and fun lesson plans.
- Consistently updating parents with progress and working with them to ensure improvements in English and coding.
- Creating strong relationships in order to maintain long lasting tutees.
04/2018 Work Placement, Excel Data Analysis, Airinmar, Reading.
- Investigating how the firm succeeds in cost reduction in the aeronautical industry.
- Improved data manipulation skills using Excel, analysing trends/ abnormalities in consumer behaviours.
11/2017 Research Competition, Bronze Team, iGEM and MIT, Boston, USA.
- Worked in a team of 10 engineers and scientists, conducting research on Synthetic Biology.
- My role consisted of implementing ideas into the original research plan, work on public engagement and gain sponsorships. I had to work efficiently with my team members to meet deliverables, enhancing team working skills.
- Hosted the iGEM UK Conference 2017 at The Shard, Warwick Campus, London which improved my public speaking skills.
- I was invited to visit the MIT Systems Design and Management department to discuss the field with engineers and attend a lecture on the future of machine learning.
09/2017 Undergraduate Research, PowerPoint, ICUR: University of Warwick.
- My research question: “How can Anthropology Aid Biomedical Engineers (and Medical Physicists) in non-western countries?”.
- Investigating the sustainability efforts of Biomedical Engineering in deprived countries.
- Organisational skills were consolidated as I was required to analyse various articles in a short period of time, parallel to the research above.
09/2017 Global Brigades, Sponsored by Warwick MSP, Systems Engineering: Honduras.
- Alongside the University of California, Imperial College London & Honduran engineers, I was involved in locating a water source in a rural community. Designed an efficient deliverable water system.
- I studied the illnesses that were prevalent in the area.
- Improved communication as I worked with Spanish speaking engineers that had limited English speaking skills.
11/ 2016 Deutsche Bank, Winchester Street: London, EC2N.
- Team Leader: Technology event competition hosted by Deutsche Bank.
- Increased my leadership skills as I delegated tasks efficiently whilst working under pressure, executing the winning pitch under strict time constraints.
08/ 2015 University College London Hospital NHS: Fitzrovia, NW1.
- Shadowed clinicians and researchers in the haematology department that were using specific equipment to gain accurate blood analysis, for traces of Leukaemia.
07/2014 Land Securities: Victoria, SW1.
- 8- week Property Management and Investment Programme: Leader of my team, pitched a design proposal to a panel of judges that were involved in the production of Nova, Victoria.
07/2014 Credit Suisse: Canary Wharf, E14.
- First experience and introduction to investment banking.
- Discussed the presence of IB firms in charitable organisations.
- Improved presentation skills when presenting my work.
2012- 2015 STINT, Robert Dyas, Paperchase, Spicy World, Victoria, SW1.
- Gained receptionist skills, communicating and interacting with a variety of different customers.
- I learnt to engage with customers, improving interpersonal and communication skills.
- I learnt to use tills, and meet targets under intense periods at Spicy World.
- I learnt about all the products and sold a wide range of complimenting products at Robert Dyas.
- I became the top recruiter of membership at Paperchase.
2018- Current UCL Taekwondo, WC1.
- UCL Taekwondo Club, gold medallist (Nationals 2019).
- Volunteering, teaching Taekwondo to children with special needs and disadvantaged backgrounds.
- Running online training sessions.
2015- 2018 University of Warwick: Multicultural Scholars Programme (MSP). Engineering Society: Magazine Editor-in-chief, Team Leader- Outreach, Student Fundraising Team.
- Successfully gained a place on the scholarship.
- Elected as the Magazine Editor-in-chief 2017-18 to run the society magazine and ensure deliverables are met every term.
- Elected as the Outreach Team Leader 2016-17. Volunteered and led teams for events, e.g., Imagineering where we inspired and explained the field of STEM subjects in industry.
- On the student fundraising team, responsible for contacting graduates to gain donations for Warwick projects. E.g., Engineering Scholarships.
12/2010- 03/2015 Royal Air Force Cadets, Westminster & Chelsea Squadron, SW1.
- Highest Ranking Cadet in the squadron. Flight Sergeant.
- Awarded Deputy Lieutenant Award for London and won best cadet award 2012.
- Completed 96th Nijmegen 4- Marches in Holland and RAF WARMA 2012.
- Team leader for Wing Field Day and Inness Sword.
11/2013- 07/2014 Clouddog, Charity Expedition 2014, South Africa.
- Created an environmental project for SEN children to engage in relevant discussions/ affairs.
- Helped repair a disadvantaged school in Kosi Bay.
- Engaged in sustainability education (Johannesburg) and wilderness trails.
2013- 2015 Westminster City School Award, D. Head Boy, SW1.
- Won the School Colours and Economics Awards for top student in the school.
- Top Eight 2012 Debaters in the Model United Nations Debate, Queen Anne’s School Reading.
- Winning team for House of Lords Big Care debate.
- Bangla (fluent conversation) and Japanese (intermediate conversation).
Programming, Software Engineering and Microsoft Office.
- Currently completing a Python for Data Science Course, practicing SPSS and proficient in office.
References: Available on Request
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|