I'm a 4th year particle physics student at the University of Birmingham. My Masters project is on the NA62 experiment at CERN, on which I've been working since July. I'm starting a PhD in experimental particle physics this autumn.
I wish to share my enthusiam of physics with anyone willing to learn from me. Every physics scenario is based on several principles which branch out into fascinating results and relations. I would emphasise the understanding of these principles, so that the student can enter the mindset of the topic.
My lessons would hence start from the key elements and work up until we reach a good understanding of the subject, as well as what it tells us about nature and the world around us. This can then be followed at the discretion of the tutee by examples and problems and see how the scope of the topic can expand into surprising new areas.
I have occasionally helped students my age or youger with their maths and physics. Their grades did improve but more importantly they said my explanations were key to them appreciating the content of the modules they were thought. I believe this to be the best indicator of my success, as I value increasing the understanding of the tutee the most.
1. Jul-Sept 2016: NA62 studentship - feasibility study of K+ -> π+ π0_ee
2. Jul-Sept 2016: Cosmic ray shower and detector simulation
3. Year 4 Project: NA62 studies of rare and exotic processes in kaon decays
4. Year 3 Term 2 Group studies: LHCb ECAL upgrade
5. Year 3 Term 1: Cosmic Ray Shower Development Simulator
6. Year 3 Term 1: Angular Distribution of e+ e- -> μ+ μ-
7. Year 2 Lab Project: True Random Number Generators
8. Year 1 Labs: Study of simulated ATLAS data
2014 Richard Knight prize for best performance in 1st year Physics Laboratory
2012 Grand Prize, International Space Settlement Design Competition hosted by NASA
Johnson Space Center, Houston, United States
2013 2nd place, Space Settlement Design Contest hosted by NASA Ames Research Center
2012 Silver Medal, National Physics Olympiad
2009 Bronze Medal, National Mathematics Olympiad
MSci Physics with Particle Physics and Cosmology FT
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£40||Not available||£35|
|5 hours||£179||Not available||£175|
|10 hours||£359||Not available||£350|