I have a flexible methodology that ranges from providing classes to drilling into specific questions raised by the student. All lessons will be tailored specifically to ensure any issues the student is facing are addressed. Lesson structures will be agreed upon on an individual basis.
I am currently undertaking my PhD specialising in decarbonising the water sector by using hydrogen technology. Previous to this I achieved a first class honours in my environmental resource geology degree. Throughout my university career I offered support to younger students to help them reach their goals.
- 2020-2024 Cranfield University
PhD focusing on the decarbonisation of the water sector by utilising hydrogen. This is sponsored by both Scottish water and Anglian water.
- 2015 – 2018 The University of Manchester
First class BSc Environmental Resource Geology.
Dissertation title – A hydrogeological understanding of the Sorbas Basin and the implications for local water supplies.
This project enabled me to apply geological and hydrogeological concepts to a real-life situation by using a combination of web-based research and analytical data to produce models which enabled me to evaluate water extraction efficiency.
Notable modules: Hydrogeology, urban geoscience and contaminated land project, geochemistry, independent mapping.
• Developed an ability to collect and extract qualitative and quantitative data, which was then analysed using models and simulations.
• Laboratory skills including the proficient use of a petrological microscope.
• Field skills such as ability to record geologic data as well as conduct experiments to measure heavy metal leaching.
• Interpretative report writing both co-authored and individual, including a report on the City of Leeds focusing on the contamination that occurred due to previous industrial activity.
• A 30-minute oral presentation focussed on the remediation techniques I would recommend for a site which has been heavily contaminated.
2008-2015 Highfields Secondary School
A level: Geography (A), Biology (B), Chemistry (B),
AS level: English Literature (A)
GCSEs: 11 2A*,7A ,2B
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£15|