Second year Physics student from Lancaster University keen to give private tuition in maths and physics. Can teach any level starting from primary school (beginners) up to A-level Maths and Physics. Effective at explaining concepts in an easy to comprehend way. Able to teach useful problem solving skills. Happy to help with homework, mark, or proofread student's work.
8 month experience in tutoring English to a 12 year old boy from Poland with very limited knowledge of English language. One year experience volunteering at Southport YMCA working with children of primary and high-school ages while helping to run a youth club, as well as street dance classes.
Will not charge for travel within 5 mile radius. Message me with any questions.
2016-present, Lancaster University
• Currently studying MPhys in Physics with Particle Physics and Cosmology (second year of study)
• Average up to date score 84%
2014-2016, KGV Sixth Form College
Completed A-levels in:
• Mathematics, Physics, Polish, Chemistry (A*A*AD)
• AS Psychology(B)
• Extended Project Qualification(C)
2011-2014, Greenbank High School
Completed number of GCSE’s:
• Mathematics, Polish, Spanish, Art (A*A*A*A*)
• Additional Science, Physical Education, Religious Studies (AAA)
• English Literature (B)
• English Language (C)
April 2015-September 2016, Chiquito (Server and front-line Manager)
• Completed multiple hospitality trainings provided during my employment including: Food Safety (level 1 and 2), Health and Safety (level 1 and 2), Allergy Training and First Aid Awareness.
• My main duties included waiting on, taking payments and working in a team to provide high level customer service in a professional, high-pace environment.
• Developed my leadership and management skills while working as a front-line manager.
November-December 2014, Liverpool John Moores University (Assistant)
• Operated Liverpool Telescope sited at the International Observatory del Roque de los Muchachos on the island of La Palma to take images of nebulae and galaxies.
• Worked independently to produce a gallery of pictures and then allocating it on Liverpool Telescope’s official website.
• Developed on research skills such as critical thinking, for example, when determining which bodies were observable from another location at the time of the year when I had to run the telescope.
March 2013, Southport YMCA, (Assistant)
• During my reception shifts I learned basic skills needed to deliver customer service like using the till/cash handling, taking orders and payments as well as other tasks such as ordering new stock.
• Worked as part of the team with other members of staff during recreational sessions dealing with different groups of people - I learned how to approach and interact with children, adults, elderly and disabled people.
March-June 2013, Youth Club, Southport YMCA
• Supervised children of varying ages (Primary school and early High School)
• Lead my own recreational activities with members of the Youth Club.
• Organised outdoor events for children.
• Fully competent in using different computer softwares, e.g. operating systems like Windows and Macintosh as well as applications software such as Microsoft Office, Latex or QTI plot.
Research and report writing:
• Carried out 8-month long research regarding my chosen title along my college studies.
• Through completing a 25-page report about my findings, I gained insight into professional scientific writing.
• Fluent in Polish as well as English.
• Moved to England in the middle of High School years and learned to fully communicate in English language within 6 months in order to carry on with education.
• End of year Mathematics and Physics prize nominee for commitment and dedication to the subject.
• Holder of the end of year Mathematics Prize at Greenbank High School.
• Ex-member of Waterloo Athletics club (2011-2013) and Bronze Bishop Award owner.
• Basketball Player of the Year title at Greenbank High School.
• Undertook variety of activities alongside the staff at Southport YMCA to raise money for charities such as outdoor dance performances or sales.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking trigonometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£11||£10|