I am friendly person who loves the profession of teaching and quite passionate about it. I have 5 years of experience as a secondary and primary school tutor in Biology, Chemistry and English. I can also teach literature related to Shakespeare and preliminary Mathematics.
I have 5 years of experience as a secondary and primary school tutor in Biology, Chemistry and English. I can also teach literature related to Shakespeare and preliminary Mathematics. I have hands on experience on how to help pupils write their project reports, do their science experiments and other complicated stuff which students are usually confused about.
To utilize the educational skills acquired and gain more knowledge through challenges and working in a stimulating environment.
Year Degree Institute/University GPA/Percentage
2015-continued M. Sc. Agricultural Entomology Bidhan Chandra KrishiViswavidyalaya, Mohanpur, West Bengal, India 9.03 (1st semester)
2011-2015 BSc. (Agriculture) Bidhan Chandra KrishiViswavidyalaya, Mohanpur, West Bengal, India 8.54/10
2011 ISC Holy Home, Serampore 93%
2009 ICSE Holy Home, Serampore 92.5%
• Scored 107 ( reading=26, listening=26, speaking=26, writing=29) in TOEFL and band score 8 (reading=8, listening=8, speaking=8, writing=7) in IELTS Academic
• Ranked 51(approx) in ICAR AIEEA PG in 2016
• Ranked 2ndout of 270 in the entrance examination of All India Entrance Examination for Post-Gradute in home University.
• Consistently amongst the top 15 out of around 90 students for Bachelors.
• Stood 3rd in school during the ISC-2011 examination.
• Stood 1st in school during the ICSE-2009 examination.
• BRAVE project scholarship under Erasmus Mundus Action 2 Plan for Master Degree Programme in the University of East Anglia, Norwich, Uk (1000 euro per month) from December 2016 to July 2017.
• Received a scholarship of 15000 INR from Bayer Crop Science, India for Master Degree Programme
• Indian Academy of Science Summer Research Fellowship (of 8000 INR per month) for the year 2016
• University Merit Scholarship 1800 INR per semester from the year 2011-2015.
• Currently working as a Postgraduate Research student (credit bearing) in the University of East Anglia, UK under the supervision of Prof. Tamas Dalmay on RDR6 tomato mutants’ resistance mechanisms to CMV.
• Worked as a summer intern selected by the Indian Academy of Sciences Summer Research Fellowship Programme in the International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, New Delhi, India under the supervision of Dr. Neeti Sanan Mishra in Plant Molecular Biology lab on “Regeneration of hp-GFP silenced tobacco lines to assay the activity of suppressors of RNAi”
• Bidisha Paul, Krishna Karmakar and SagarikaBhowmik. “Seasonal incidence of broad mite, Polyphagotarsonemuslatus (Banks) (Acari: Tarsonemidae) on Jatropha and its host range under Gangetic plains of West Bengal” in The National Conference on Innovative Research in Agriculture, Food Science, Forestry, Horticulture, Aquaculture, Animal Sciences, Biodiversity, Environmental Engineering and Climate Change, 2015 at JNU, New Delhi
• “Fruit fly Awareness Day” organized by the Association for Advancement in Plant Protection (AAPP), Bidhan Chandra KrishiViswavidyalaya, 2014, 2015 and 2016.
• Rural Agricultural Work Experience, 2015 in Kantabele, Nadia, West Bengal.
• Computer Application in Statistics and Application of Information Technology in Agriculture.
EXTRA-CURRICULARACHIEVEMENTS AND HOBBIES
• Stood 1st in the inter-year debate story-telling and elocution competition in the University.
• Stood 1st in the inter-school dance competition held in Agrasain Balika Shiksha Sadan, Liluah.
• Completed Introductory diving in Andaman Scuba diving, 2015.
• Enjoys cooking, dancing, debate and elocution.
• Fluent in English, Hindi and Bengali in all the three aspects- writing, listening and speaking.
biology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|